Scotland's Sturgeon calls for extension to Brexit transition period

webfact

10 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

That is your perspective and one you believe. How about answering the question to her disastrous and incompetency of her tenure.

It is not a perspective, it is a fact. Elections convey mandates to the winners. The SNP has received at least 7 mandates over the past 10 years because they have wiped the floor with the alternatives on offer. She is doing what the electorate have asked her to do.

Now, in response to your headline rich, fact poor follow-up, why do you think that they have been so successful if they are as dire as you say? Why do you think that, after 10 years, they are still in a commanding position and forecast to take more than 50% of all votes in the next Holyrood election if the narrative you spout is true? Could it be that you are being lied to?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You still can't get over it and remain lost. We have left the EU and the others are going to have to pay for the shortfall. Still whining about the 350 million pound. It is embarrassing. if you were British you would understand.

I am British and I don't understand. The vast majority of my country doesn't understand, nor does it want your nasty, insular and self defeating Brexit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

It is not a perspective, it is a fact. Elections convey mandates to the winners. The SNP has received at least 7 mandates over the past 10 years because they have wiped the floor with the alternatives on offer. She is doing what the electorate have asked her to do.

Now, in response to your headline rich, fact poor follow-up, why do you think that they have been so successful if they are as dire as you say? Why do you think that, after 10 years, they are still in a commanding position and forecast to take more than 50% of all votes in the next Holyrood election if the narrative you spout is true? Could it be that you are being lied to?

Lets see what will happen but the SNP have done very poor in many areas which you seem to blow over as minuscule. Sturgeon as managing Scotland's finance and well being has a lot to answer for regrdless of the support your are stating.

Just now, Laughing Gravy said:

Well I am glad you are British because you keep telling us you are Scottish and really don't want to be British. Make your mind up and not when it suits you.

Nasty you are being melodramatic again.

'.

I see the Shetlands wants independence, should they get it.

Britain isn't a country, LG. I thought a patriot such as yourself would comprehend your own country's etymology? 

Nasty is not melodramatic. Play it down all you like; god knows, I too would be ashamed if the cause I lauded praise upon was as repugnant as Brexit, but the reality for people up and down the UK is that Brexit emboldened the nasty, vicious racism that has long existed in so many in certain parts of these isles.

Shetland again? We've dealt with this so many times...

Daft Englishman called Captain Calamity moves to Shetland and decides to campaign for independence of the Shetlands. Stands for election and gets less than 1% of the vote. That is your story - but you keep clinging to that prospect if you like. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Lets see what will happen but the SNP have done very poor in many areas which you seem to blow over as minuscule. Sturgeon as managing Scotland's finance and well being has a lot to answer for regrdless of the support your are stating.

Sorry, I am not sure I understand any of that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Britain isn't a country, LG. I thought a patriot such as yourself would comprehend your own country's etymology? 

Great deflection again. You claim now your British. When it suits you.

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Nasty is not melodramatic

We disagree. i could say outrageously incorrect.

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

but the reality for people up and down the UK is that Brexit emboldened the nasty, vicious racism that has long existed in so many in certain parts of these isles

Playing the race card for wanting independence from the EU. How ironic. So all Scots wanting independence from the UK are racists. At least be consistent.

As for the Shetland's, I don't give a cap about it. I have said if Scotland wants to leave the UK even though they have had a recent referendum, let it be. No issues from me. But using the EU as a means to it is shameful.

If Scotland want to be part of the EU then go ahead. I am sure the EU will love it. Have a word with the Irish first and just see what the price will be. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Great deflection again. You claim now your British. When it suits you.

Hardly - I am British in that I was born on the British Isles. I will continue to be British once independence comes. 

14 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

We disagree. i could say outrageously incorrect.

You could, but then you would be either a revisionist or woefully ignorant of the reality of what the UK went through over the past 5 years.

15 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Playing the race card for wanting independence from the EU. How ironic. So all Scots wanting independence from the UK are racists. At least be consistent

OK, now I struggle too work out just what you think. Brexit wasn't racist because the UK voted to leave the EU - it was racist because all the people who don't like those who don't look like them decided that they had free reign to openly proclaim those views. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Nasty is not melodramatic. Play it down all you like; god knows, I too would be ashamed if the cause I lauded praise upon was as repugnant as Brexit, but the reality for people up and down the UK is that Brexit emboldened the nasty, vicious racism that has long existed in so many in certain parts of these isles.

Shetland again? We've dealt with this so many times...

Daft Englishman called Captain Calamity moves to Shetland and decides to campaign for independence of the Shetlands. Stands for election and gets less than 1% of the vote. That is your story - but you keep clinging to that prospect if you like. 

That's insects innit?

(????)

5 hours ago, evadgib said:

That's insects innit?

(????)

1. the study of the origin of words and the way in which their meanings have changed throughout history.
    "the decline of etymology as a linguistic discipline"

Entomology, branch of zoology dealing with the scientific study of insects.

Now, please get back to the topic.

16 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

The objective of Scottish independence is not to hand unfettered power to the SNP for eternity. They are the vehicle, not the destination.

The vehicle being in a demolition derby and the destination the scrapheap.

I doubt we'd ever agree on this one Rudy, so that aside a merry xmas to you and yer ain. 

• Like 2

So Sturgeons has been caught out drinking and out with no mask telling everyone to do the opposite. Will those posters who were asking for Boris Johnson to resign not so long ago be saying the same for Madam Twankie?:coffee1:

I think we know the answer to that one as so many here have double standards just like Nichola Sturgeon herself.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So Sturgeons has been caught out drinking and out with no mask telling everyone to do the opposite. Will those posters who were asking for Boris Johnson to resign not so long ago be saying the same for Madam Twankie?:coffee1:

I think we know the answer to that one as so many here have double standards just like Nichola Sturgeon herself.

She was at the funeral of a friend and attended the wake. She made a momentary lapse of judgement and had apologised for it. That's it, independence is off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Not true, Shelties do not consider themselves as Scottish, not just because of an Englishman moving there.

I lived/ worked there, have a son and daughter still living there, grandson born there.

The people of Shetland hate being considered part of Scotland, is the MP in Shetland S.N.P. ? No.

Then your first hand experience is different to my first hand experience, Colin. As the issue is such a non starter in my opinion, I shall leave it there. You believe whatever you wish to believe. 

Just to be clear, are you suggesting that all 11 constituencies in Scotland which do not have SNP MPs hate being considered part of Scotland? 

Taking the converse of that, is it fair to assume that you believe that all 48 constituencies which have SNP MPs hate being part of the UK? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

This is nonsense. Voting Brexit does not make you a racist which you were insinuating in your previous post. There are racists everywhere. My argument, as your own words 'you are struggling' is that having/wanting independence does not mean you are a racist. Crystal clear.

I am not sure why you think that I was implying that ticking yes to leaving the EU automatically makes to a racist. It certainly isn't what I wrote. 

Farage, not unfamiliar himself with the more unpleasant traits of the insecure man, played the race card repeatedly, and still does in a desperate attempt to keep himself relevant. 

Johnson, once he decided that Leave had a chance, flip flopped from his strident Remain position and started stoking the flames of racism - then lied about it, as is his natural response to any difficult situation - and got caught out. 

And this translated to a tacit green light to the racists that, if their leaders can be so brazen, so can they. 

At no point did i say all Brexiteers are racist, but there is ample evidence to show that the leaders of Brexit used racist overtones to rally those attuned to the call, and they responded as expected. 

Brexit 'major influence' in racism and hate crime rise 19 June 2019

Hate crime did spike after the referendum – even allowing for other factors

Hate crimes are rising in the UK - thanks to Brexit and an exclusive education system

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

She was at the funeral of a friend and attended the wake. She made a momentary lapse of judgement and had apologised for it. That's it, independence is off.

You'd think these "holier than thou" Puritans would have the common sense to at least wear masks when out in public. Especially when surrounded by old people at a wake.

The stupidity and hypocrisy is breathtaking ????.

No surprise though, it's Sturgeon.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You'd think these "holier than thou" Puritans would have the common sense to at least wear masks when out in public. Especially when surrounded by old people at a wake.

The stupidity and hypocrisy is breathtaking ????.

No surprise though, it's Sturgeon.

In Scotland, funerals are restricted  in the number of people who can attend. I have no idea how many attended on this occasion but I would assume that the suggestion of being 'surrounded by old people' is a little misleading.

Did you also call out our Royal Family for yet another breach of regulations? Not as serious as when Brian broke the law and flew to my country with his concubine, spreading their germs everywhere, but still serious enough that is was illegal.

But again, you miss the whole point of independence. It is not about elevating Sturgeon to a deity; it is about escaping the poisonous greed and corruption of successive Westminster governments. 

Edited by RuamRudy
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

In Scotland, funerals are restricted  in the number of people who can attend. I have no idea how many attended on this occasion but I would assume that the suggestion of being 'surrounded by old people' is a little misleading.

Did you also call out our Royal Family for yet another breach of regulations? Not as serious as when Brian broke the law and flew to my country with his concubine, spreading their germs everywhere, but still serious enough that is was illegal.

But again, you miss the whole point of independence. It is not about elevating Sturgeon to a deity; it is about escaping the poisonous greed and corruption of successive Westminster governments. 

Pure deflection.

I was talking about Sturgeon's hypocrisy. Do as I say, not as I do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Pure deflection.

I was talking about Sturgeon's hypocrisy. Do as I say, not as I do. 

She made a slip, she admitted it and apologised. It's not as if she shook hands with everyone in a hospital or drove to Barnard Castle, is it?

• Like 1