Covid 19 visa extension

Hi sorry to raise this topic again.

I have entered Thailand on a marriage visa in September. In November I took a 60 days extension based on family visit with a child . Till now I have not taken the one year extension as my 400K is getting ready only by February. My extension expires in January. Can I get another 60 days extension based on covid 19 situation??

Thanks in advance for your reply.

1 minute ago, Daithi85 said:

This morning  at Jomtien immigration I asked the volunteer who works  there about getting  my 60day extension, he told me it was only 30 days, can anyone help me out with  some  Info on this please and thank u. 

They were wrong. You can get a 60 day extension.

11 hours ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

What do you need in regards to documents etc for this extension?

A completed TM7 application form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa if any, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

You could also download, complete and print 2 sided this affidavit that will be required. 60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 7 downloads

You will also need to prove your address. Normally a TM30 report is required.

I was able to get 60 days extension (from Dec 30 to Feb 28th). I did note that some of what i'd been earlier told did not apply this time. Earlier i had been informed that this extension could be done at any Immigration office, but the only one willing to do it for me was the local branch in the province i am staying (i asked at 3 different offices and they all said they wanted to see proof of extended residency within their province). I also noted the process was not quite as smooth as my first 60-day extension. Dressing properly/clean-cut and demonstrating respect for the officials seemed more relevant this time, tho its possible this was just based on the mood of the occasion. But everything went well and there was no trouble getting it for the 1900 baht fee along with the above requirements highlighted by Ubon Joe.

4 hours ago, Dragonboat Ronin said:

I was able to get 60 days extension (from Dec 30 to Feb 28th). I did note that some of what i'd been earlier told did not apply this time. Earlier i had been informed that this extension could be done at any Immigration office, but the only one willing to do it for me was the local branch in the province i am staying (i asked at 3 different offices and they all said they wanted to see proof of extended residency within their province). I also noted the process was not quite as smooth as my first 60-day extension. Dressing properly/clean-cut and demonstrating respect for the officials seemed more relevant this time, tho its possible this was just based on the mood of the occasion. But everything went well and there was no trouble getting it for the 1900 baht fee along with the above requirements highlighted by Ubon Joe.

Where did you get it at? Do you have to choose an option for why you need an extension? TIA

On 12/21/2020 at 4:03 PM, Daithi85 said:

This morning  at Jomtien immigration I asked the volunteer who works  there about getting  my 60day extension, he told me it was only 30 days, can anyone help me out with  some  Info on this please and thank u. 

This is true? Can they just give you 30 days?

Someone around here who applied for this extension at Jomtien Immigration recently?

2 hours ago, zekelin said:

This is true? Can they just give you 30 days?

Someone around here who applied for this extension at Jomtien Immigration recently?

I applied 23rd November at Jomtien. The lady at counter 1 was very helpful. She gave me an under consideration  to  returned 16th Nov. She said they did not have a directive from the government yet but they would stamp me till 30th Dec. When I returned last week I was given the full 60 days till 20th January. They are definitely giving 60 days . 

Hello everyone,

I am planning to get a 60 day covid extension. I entered Thailand on the 27th January 2020. I am currently on a non-ED visa that expires on the 26th of January 2021. They told me that the longest period of time one can stay in Thailand is 1 year, after which you have to leave. Does this covid extension for 60 days apply when you have already been in Thailand for more than one year or will I have to leave?

Kind Regards,

AusDieMaus

5 minutes ago, AusDieMaus said:

They told me that the longest period of time one can stay in Thailand is 1 year, after which you have to leave. Does this covid extension for 60 days apply when you have already been in Thailand for more than one year or will I have to leave?

That is a total stay of one year by doing extensions of stay based upon attending school. 

Getting a 60 day covid extension is possible near the end of your most recent extension.

• 2 months later...

I tried to get a retirement extension on January 15th in Chiang Mai, but they didn't accept the combo method (pension + bank balance). So they only gave me a 60 day Covid 19 extension on my Non-O visa. I was planning to leave Thailand permanently by March 15th, so I was ok with a 60 day extension. 

I am now in Bangkok and will probably need another 60 days. I thought I read somewhere the Covid 19 extension now lasts to May 29th? 

Could anyone tell me the closest Immigration office to Khaosan Road and can I make an appointment online? 

20 minutes ago, 1cosmo said:

I am now in Bangkok and will probably need another 60 days. I thought I read somewhere the Covid 19 extension now lasts to May 29th? 

At this time the order for them still ends on March 30th. They have not extended it again yet.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

At this time the order for them still ends on March 30th. They have not extended it again yet.

Thanks Ubonjoe. Looks like I have to figure out a way to get out of Thailand by March 15th.

But just in case they do allow another Covid 19 extension I would like to make an appointment. I am new to and not familiar with Bangkok. Could anyone tell me the closest Immigration office to Khaosan Road and can I make an appointment online? 

15 minutes ago, 1cosmo said:

Thanks Ubonjoe. Looks like I have to figure out a way to get out of Thailand by March 15th.

You can apply for another 60 day extension. The 30th is the last day you can apply for one under the current order not the end of the extension that will be issued.

18 minutes ago, 1cosmo said:

Could anyone tell me the closest Immigration office to Khaosan Road and can I make an appointment online? 

The temporary office in at Muang Thong Thani is the only place you can apply it in Bangkok.

You can make an appoint on this website. http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

On 12/22/2020 at 8:54 AM, ubonjoe said:

A completed TM7 application form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa if any, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

You could also download, complete and print 2 sided this affidavit that will be required. 60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 7 downloads

You will also need to prove your address. Normally a TM30 report is required.

How about an STV extension. Mine is up for the first 90 day extension next week and I have no idea what's needed at the immigration. Normally when I extend TR visas it's just one picture, filled in form and passport copy. Is STV any different? I hope they don't require a new 90 day covid insurance? Thanks in advance if you happen to know!

3 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

How about an STV extension. Mine is up for the first 90 day extension next week and I have no idea what's needed at the immigration. Normally when I extend TR visas it's just one picture, filled in form and passport copy. Is STV any different?

There have not been many reports on what is needed for the 90 day extension of a STV entry.

At least one office wanted to see the 40/400k baht insurance and the covid 19 insurance.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There have not been many reports on what is needed for the 90 day extension of a STV entry.

At least one office wanted to see the 40/400k baht insurance and the covid 19 insurance.

Thanks, I just found a thread about it and it seems to be all confusion what's needed. Maybe this is one of those things that's fully according to the IMOs mood. I'm definitely not going to pay another 10,000b for a 90 day covid insurance unless they force me to nor make some fake rental agreement for 3 months. I hope this was just some one time unlucky nonsense someone experienced in Nonthaburi. It would be good to get a real confirmation beforehand tho since it's well over an hours drive from my house to the Muang Thong Thani temporary immigration office. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The temporary office in at Muang Thong Thani is the only place you can apply it in Bangkok.

You can make an appoint on this website. http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Great, I made an appointment for the day my visa expires. I will cancel it if I can leave sooner.

From the list I chose ""Applying for short term Visa At Muangthing Thani (K - Counter K)""

Ubonjoe, you are such a great help to so many foreigners in Thailand. Thank you!!! 

On 2/24/2021 at 5:06 PM, 1cosmo said:

Great, I made an appointment for the day my visa expires. I will cancel it if I can leave sooner.

From the list I chose ""Applying for short term Visa At Muangthing Thani (K - Counter K)""

Ubonjoe, you are such a great help to so many foreigners in Thailand. Thank you!!! 

Going to immigration on the day your visa expires is risky. Being sent back by immigration, due to missing documents/other reason is common. 

On 2/24/2021 at 1:55 PM, 1cosmo said:

on my Non-O visa

If you entered on a Non-O visa it might pay to check if you need to go to CW. There have been reports, including myself, of applicants being told Non-O visa holders cannot be processed at MTT for the Covid 60 day extension.

8 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

If you entered on a Non-O visa it might pay to check if you need to go to CW. There have been reports, including myself, of applicants being told Non-O visa holders cannot be processed at MTT for the Covid 60 day extension.

I don't know what CW is, but they gave me a covid extension at Chiang Mai Imm because they rejected the combo (pension + bank balance) for the money requirement. But I am 90% certain I will not need a covid extension unless I was to test positive for covid or I messed up on my documentation for my chihuahua dog I am bringing with me. 

So I am on my way to Mexico City ????

Archived