COE covid insurance policy term....

Hi All,

I'm preparing to enter on a tourist visa with the intention of converting to a non-O for retirement in country, so far so good, but I need to purchase Covid insurance for the COE. My question is this.... I'm assuming I only need to purchase the Thai compliant covid policy that matches the length of stay of the original Tourist Visa, ie. 60 days to get the COE for entry. I know it sounds like a stupid question but I've learned to never assume anything in or about Thailand.

I'm looking at the AXA Sawasdee Inbound Travel policy, which for me would be about 8000B for 60 days or 11200B for 90 days.

40 minutes ago, Mai mee said:

Hi All,

I'm preparing to enter on a tourist visa with the intention of converting to a non-O for retirement in country, so far so good, but I need to purchase Covid insurance for the COE. My question is this.... I'm assuming I only need to purchase the Thai compliant covid policy that matches the length of stay of the original Tourist Visa, ie. 60 days to get the COE for entry. I know it sounds like a stupid question but I've learned to never assume anything in or about Thailand.

I'm looking at the AXA Sawasdee Inbound Travel policy, which for me would be about 8000B for 60 days or 11200B for 90 days.

about your question, it appears u r thinking to live for 1 year  in thailand, look for a policy which can be easily extended. 

what if they come up with some rule that u need 1 year policy (covid) for 1 year visa,

see i dont know the visa requirements but all i am saying is look for something that can be extended easily online or by phone call. Also ,for 60 day policy effective monthly price is 4000 and for 90 day policy is 3733/-

not much difference. i would say go for 90 day policy. it would give u flexibility and one less thing to worry about while u r busy enjoying the beauty of  thailand. 

i wish u a wonderful stay in LOS and an easy retirement visa  

I'm thinking that when I get the non-O and extension I may buy a better policy like Pacific cross from within Thailand. I'm only looking at the AXA Sawasdee package to get the COE, get in, and get through quarantine....

My question relates to What the Thai government is gonna require to let me in

You will only need 60 days of covid 19 insurance since that is the permit to stay you will get when you enter the country.

Does the insurance start from the day you enter the country or the day it is issued? That might be something that could cause a problem.

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will only need 60 days of covid 19 insurance since that is the permit to stay you will get when you enter the country.

Does the insurance start from the day you enter the country or the day it is issued? That might be something that could cause a problem.

Starts from ay of entry (or any day you chose) I'm thinking about buying 90 days and having it start before entry, and end well past 60 days so there's NO confusion about any potential for non insured days... Like buying insurance on your insurance 555.

Archived