Service work in Thailand

ding

We might retire early to Thailand, Spring 2021. I'm doing the next indicated things getting ready and not getting married to the outcome - whatever might happen given all the mayhem.

What's the service work structure like in Thailand... GSR etc.?

Is there a digital version of the AA Service Manual that people use?

Who is/are the the "District" level contacts?  - if that's even how it works there.

What is needed most?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tonray said:

I'm gonna guess that most people have no idea what you are talking about. Try being a bit more specific about what you need to know.

He's an AA member who strayed onto the wrong forum site. If anyone has a problem with drinking in Thailand or anywhere else what worked for me is attending AA meetings and then doing the 12 step program of AA. If anyone is trying to stop drinking and find they have trouble doing it on their own then AA can help. Visit aa.org or aathailand.org (for local Thailand meetings and online Zoom meetings)

Edited by likerdup1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 6:09 AM, ding said:

What's the service work structure like in Thailand... GSR etc.?

Is there a digital version of the AA Service Manual that people use?

Who is/are the the "District" level contacts?  - if that's even how it works there.

What is needed most?

I have been a GSR and DSM, even attending an AOSM meeting  as the Thailand rep.

However, there is a very small number of members interested in service. One problem is the lack of Thai language ability. I think AA should do what the missionaries do and send members to language classes. 

I know members who are kinda interested but can't even say "I'm an alcoholic" in Thai, despite living here decades. 

There is a national service meeting once a year in Bangkok. Feel free to message me for more info.

• Thanks 1