I want to come back to Hanoi, but not flights

Hi there,

I have all the documents to come back to Hanoi but no flights from Bangkok to Hanoi. Any advise?

when will the international flights resume?

ANY OTHER IN MY SAME SITUATION TO SHARE EXPERIENCE OR EVENTUALLY BOOK A CHARTER FLIGHTS.

nobody can comment on when the flights will resume.  things were becoming better. but there has been an outbreak in samut sakhon. viets will thick twice before allowing the flights.

has vietnam allowed regular flights from any country? 

may i recommend u to check with the vietnamese embassy in thailand if there is any repatriation flight and somehow they can accommodate u in that flight as u have all the paper work needed to enter the country. 

8 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

nobody can comment on when the flights will resume.  things were becoming better. but there has been an outbreak in samut sakhon. viets will thick twice before allowing the flights.

has vietnam allowed regular flights from any country? 

may i recommend u to check with the vietnamese embassy in thailand if there is any repatriation flight and somehow they can accommodate u in that flight as u have all the paper work needed to enter the country. 

Vietnamese repatriation flights are for Vietnamese nationals only. 

20 hours ago, Rob21 said:

Hi there,

I have all the documents to come back to Hanoi but no flights from Bangkok to Hanoi. Any advise?

when will the international flights resume?

ANY OTHER IN MY SAME SITUATION TO SHARE EXPERIENCE OR EVENTUALLY BOOK A CHARTER FLIGHTS.

Vietjet. I just sent you a PM. It works for me 2 months ago. I am not sure about now.

They have 2 flights per month from Bangkok to HCM and Hanoi.

I flew from Bangkok to HCM last October. As long as you have all the required documents and they have seats available. Of course 14 days quarantine in VN

9 hours ago, jphasia said:

Vietjet. I just sent you a PM. It works for me 2 months ago. I am not sure about now.

They have 2 flights per month from Bangkok to HCM and Hanoi.

I flew from Bangkok to HCM last October. As long as you have all the required documents and they have seats available. Of course 14 days quarantine in VN

OK, so in this case the OP should contact both , vietjet company and vietnamese embassy.

I am recommending embassy because may be vietjet is allowed to book seats only after embassy permission. some countries are doing this. not sure about vietnam. but since its jst a flight or two as u mentioned , may be embassy approval is needed. 

Dear @Rob21 please contact the embassy as well as vietjet company. Enquire about your options. 

Hope u r able to reach vietnam soon.. good luck . ????

5 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

OK, so in this case the OP should contact both , vietjet company and vietnamese embassy.

I am recommending embassy because may be vietjet is allowed to book seats only after embassy permission. some countries are doing this. not sure about vietnam. but since its jst a flight or two as u mentioned , may be embassy approval is needed. 

Dear @Rob21 please contact the embassy as well as vietjet company. Enquire about your options. 

Hope u r able to reach vietnam soon.. good luck . ????

I have provide to Rob21 the specific contact details of Vietjet Thailand who arrange these specific booking.

They will provide the details of the scheduled (mean the ones approved by the Vietnamese authorities) of the next available flights either to Hanoi or HCM. They will provide you the list of requirements (visa requirements, approval of the people comittee, covid test, quarantine...). You can pre-booked but your seat will be confirmed only once you have provided the requirements to them and paid for the ticket.

I did that for August flight but couldn't get it as I didn't have all the requirements ready, tried the 2 scheduled flights for September and finally got it in October. 

Things might have change now due the covid evolution. But I am in Vietnam right now.

• 1 month later...

I have lived in Thailand for 9 years. I want to move on. I was initially going to go to Vietnam

in the beginning but got sidetrack by a friend and ended up staying. I am tired of this place and had always wanted to retire there. How is the VISA situation now for long stay. Nearly 71 and want to 

go back since I was 19. From what I hear and see the attitude is much different. Not into bar scene 

just would like peace with out the continual Thai frustrations. want to spend the rest of my life on the 

coastal are there. I was in Vietnam in 1969 and through 1970 and i really liked the people. Had many friends there when I wasn't flying.

Can anyone give me any input on settling in there? i know the drill and follow the rules living here for so long. Just need to leave and never look back on Thailand.

17 minutes ago, nervona81732 said:

I have lived in Thailand for 9 years. I want to move on. I was initially going to go to Vietnam

in the beginning but got sidetrack by a friend and ended up staying. I am tired of this place and had always wanted to retire there. How is the VISA situation now for long stay. Nearly 71 and want to 

go back since I was 19. From what I hear and see the attitude is much different. Not into bar scene 

just would like peace with out the continual Thai frustrations. want to spend the rest of my life on the 

coastal are there. I was in Vietnam in 1969 and through 1970 and i really liked the people. Had many friends there when I wasn't flying.

Can anyone give me any input on settling in there? i know the drill and follow the rules living here for so long. Just need to leave and never look back on Thailand.

You will be joining what appears to be tens of thousands of ex-pats who have gotten sick of the constant nonsense here, and already left. Immigration is like a moving target. It appears increasingly more obvious that the authorities do not want us here, and the level of toxicity on the part of immigration, and the government is annoying. Also, this administration is ridiculously incompetent and incapable of improving anything. They are the very definition of regressive. 

Having said all that, I am staying. I still love it here, despite the annoyances. I like the people, love the food, love my Thai wife and her family, enjoy a reasonable standard of living, and have alot of ties here. If I could afford it, I would live part of the year in Turkey on the southern coast, part of the year in Spain, spend a month or so in the US, do some additional traveling (post apocalypse) and spend no more than two months a year here. 

On 2/14/2021 at 2:57 PM, nervona81732 said:

At this moment, entering Vietnam is restricted to work visa qualified as Expert and diplomat. That's how it has been since I arrived in Vietnam last October from Thailand.

There has been a new wave of Covid since January and measures of lockdown have been increased. So I believe unless you come for work with expert status, or have local family, it must be very difficult or impossible to be permitted to enter Vietnam at this time.

On 2/14/2021 at 1:14 AM, spidermike007 said:

You will be joining what appears to be tens of thousands of ex-pats who have gotten sick of the constant nonsense here, and already left

I assume many have left in urns full of their ashes.

After dying from motorbike accidents, drug overdoses, alcohol poisoning, heart attacks and strokes from bad diet, obesity, stupidity, etc.

Your speculation as to why these "thousands" (c'mon, you haven't met that many people in Thailand who have left) have left is pure nonsense, not facts. ????

13 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I assume many have left in urns full of their ashes.

After dying from motorbike accidents, drug overdoses, alcohol poisoning, heart attacks and strokes from bad diet, obesity, stupidity, etc.

Your speculation as to why these "thousands" (c'mon, you haven't met that many people in Thailand who have left) have left is pure nonsense, not facts. ????

My speculation as to "why" they have left is surely not based on science, or empirical evidence. Though, with the toxicity of this administration, none is required. But, the fact that thousands have left, is right out there in the open. I know many, and many have been posting online, about their departures. Polls have been taken right here in Thaivisa.

Thailand’s farang forum, Thaivisa, has conducted two unofficial polls that indicate that many expats will be calling it quits and leaving the Kingdom. The polls are a response from the affected ThaiVisa audience, not indicative of the total expat population living in Thailand. 

On the ThaiVisa website the question was asked… “Will the new financial requirements force you to leave?”

• 7.9% said Yes

• 22.72% said it would seriously jeopardise their stay

• 69.38% said they would not have to leave

On their Facebook page, a similar question was more clear cut. Asked if the tough new financial requirements for retirement extensions (visas) would force people to leave:

• 49% said Yes

• 51% said No

https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/a-third-of-expats-may-have-to-leave-survey-on-new-retirement-visa-extension

13 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Almost every white guy I met in Thailand over the past 10 years has left.

Some to Cambodia, most back to their western home countries, 8 (most) have left this earth.

Essentially, all the single guys have gone.

Archived