Visa transfer letter

Badger18

I will need to renew my passport shortly and am not confident I will be able to do this via Trendy Building. For one thing, they seem to require evidence of a permanent address in Thailand, and I can only show them hotel bookings. Also, I would need to travel from another province and there may be restrictions in place.

I understand that the visa in my old passport will carry over as long as I have a letter to that effect, and that these letters are issued by the British consulate rather than the passport office or the consulate that issued the visa.

If so, what is the procedure for getting one of these letters, can it be done by email or post, and how long does it take?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I renewed my UK Passport at Trendy in November. Very efficient. If your hotel booking is a (semi) permanent address that is acceptable. Once you have completed your application, all communication between Trendy and yourself is done via email and telephone, they don't normally contact you via your hotel. 

When you collect your new passport at Trendy they will automatically ask you if need  a letter for Thai immigration to transfer any visas, etc. into your new passport and, if you do, they will supply that to you at the same time. 

Be aware though that the letter they supply has an embossed BE stamp on it and Immigration will need to have that original letter. They will not accept a photo copy. Takes about 5-10 minutes to complete the transfer at Thai Immigration.

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2020 at 2:43 PM, Badger18 said:

I will need to renew my passport shortly and am not confident I will be able to do this via Trendy Building. For one thing, they seem to require evidence of a permanent address in Thailand, and I can only show them hotel bookings. Also, I would need to travel from another province and there may be restrictions in place.

I understand that the visa in my old passport will carry over as long as I have a letter to that effect, and that these letters are issued by the British consulate rather than the passport office or the consulate that issued the visa.

If so, what is the procedure for getting one of these letters, can it be done by email or post, and how long does it take?

Thanks

Sorry for the delay on getting back to you. Here is the information for how you can get a visa transfer letter from us https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#transferring-your-thai-visa-after-renewing-your-british-passport.