21 Lampang students hurt as school van overturns

webfact

21 Lampang students hurt as school van overturns

By The Nation

800_f4184a5b099a0a4.jpg?v=1608621565

A van carrying primary-level students in Lampang province flipped over on Tuesday morning, injuring 21 passengers.

The accident did not claim any lives.

Police officers showed up with local mitigation officials and helped pull students out of the overturned van.

Of them, 14 were taken to Mae Moh Hospital by good Samaritans.

The driver, 60, said he had lost control of the van when its clutch stopped working, though police have said they will investigate the case further.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400021

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-22

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just when i was starting to believe brake failure, I recently took my old car for testing, knowing it had some problems with the rear brake cylinders leaking on to the shoes, and 2 of the tyres down to the wear bars, I thought I'd get a fail and see what else it would fail on before spending money on repairs. It passed with flying colors.

I rode in one of these "silver bullets of death" a decade ago from BKK to PKK for a job interview..

And I decided to ride shotgun.........................................................................Never. Again.........Nope

Also book buses to laos that have TWO drivers, not one guy with a plastic bag full of M18 or Red Bulls

• Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 8:07 AM, brianthainess said:

Just when i was starting to believe brake failure, I recently took my old car for testing, knowing it had some problems with the rear brake cylinders leaking on to the shoes, and 2 of the tyres down to the wear bars, I thought I'd get a fail and see what else it would fail on before spending money on repairs. It passed with flying colors.

Hope you had new tyres fitted.

Two ways a clutch can fail.

1. It fails to engage, in which case you glide to a (controlled) halt.

2. It fails to disengage, in which case you shift to neutral and you glide to a (controlled) halt.

How on earth can a clutch failure cause a driver to loose control?

7 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Two ways a clutch can fail.

1. It fails to engage, in which case you glide to a (controlled) halt.

2. It fails to disengage, in which case you shift to neutral and you glide to a (controlled) halt.

How on earth can a clutch failure cause a driver to loose control?

It is also possible to drive a manual and change gears with clutch stuck in the engaged position, if you know how.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

It is also possible to drive a manual and change gears with clutch stuck in the engaged position, if you know how.

Do you really think a Thai would know how to do crash gear changes? (as we used to call them)

I had to help out one of our older village residents one day because he didn't know how to do a hill start!

• Haha 1