USA Stimulus Checks you might get one this Time

Hello everyone I was just reading some info from the NY Times. They say that this time if you are married and filing Jointly and one person has a SSN and the other does not they have a ITIN for example you will get the $600 this time. Also it is retroactive for the $1200 payment in the spring. You will be able to claim a credit on your 2020 Taxes. Looks like some good news for once after that last disappointment. Please feel free to let me know if I am wrong lol. Best of Luck to all for a better New Year.

• Like 1
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First of all this post was to let Americans in Thailand know that there was a change in the new Stimulus Payments. Full Stop. Not to be hijacked by some English guy with a grudge. I wont mention your

My wife and I just had the second round of the US stimulus checks deposited into our account   $1200 total. She is a US citizen with a social security number.    

Hmm, the fact that you are using the word 'bloody' tends to make me think you aren't even American.    The $600 direct payment isn't the only part of this it also includes an additional $300

Posted Images

Unless things change my recent reading was the only way to claim credit on tax would be to file separately (losing $12,400 deduction).  Also read anyone with spouse having ITIN would still not be eligible for new payment (this was on a tax preparation web site this week).  Hope you are right.

Update:  have just found this new information - so if true may indeed allow us to get check and make claim.

"Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio and North Carolina Republican Sen. Thom Tillis “applauded” the inclusion of mixed families in their legislation Monday evening.

“This measure will ensure that a U.S. citizen is eligible to receive an Economic Impact Payment (EIP) if he or she is married to a foreign national who is not currently a citizen of the United States,” they said, noting that the inclusion will apply retroactively as a refundable tax rebate and that “eligibility is also included for the next round of EIPs.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/immigration/article248016480.html

Edited by lopburi3
1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Unless things change my recent reading was the only way to claim credit on tax would be to file separately (losing $12,400 deduction).  Also read anyone with spouse having ITIN would still not be eligible for new payment (this was on a tax preparation web site this week).  Hope you are right.

Update:  have just found this new information - so if true may indeed allow us to get check and make claim.

"Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio and North Carolina Republican Sen. Thom Tillis “applauded” the inclusion of mixed families in their legislation Monday evening.

“This measure will ensure that a U.S. citizen is eligible to receive an Economic Impact Payment (EIP) if he or she is married to a foreign national who is not currently a citizen of the United States,” they said, noting that the inclusion will apply retroactively as a refundable tax rebate and that “eligibility is also included for the next round of EIPs.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/immigration/article248016480.html

I think it is looking good for us finally. Shout out to ubonjoe you are the man. Thank you for all your help appreciated.

600 dollars is a bloody joke. Some of the evangelists got millions and people like the Amazon guy got over a billion or a few billion. Richest country in the world and the bloody cheapest. Combined with the other  1,200 dollars it’s not even two thousand dollars. Pathetic. Germany gave something like 70 percent of income. USA a pittance. And the Congress men and women vote themselves big pay raises in the middle of the night. <deleted>#%ing Scum. Wake up America.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Mansell said:

600 dollars is a bloody joke. Some of the evangelists got millions and people like the Amazon guy got over a billion or a few billion. Richest country in the world and the bloody cheapest. Combined with the other  1,200 dollars it’s not even two thousand dollars. Pathetic. Germany gave something like 70 percent of income. USA a pittance. And the Congress men and women vote themselves big pay raises in the middle of the night. <deleted>#%ing Scum. Wake up America.

Hmm, the fact that you are using the word 'bloody' tends to make me think you aren't even American. 

The $600 direct payment isn't the only part of this it also includes an additional $300/wk Federal unemployment payment plus various other protections.

On the comparison to other countries, I don't think any other country has given a direct payment to its entire citizenry regardless or whether or not they where unemployed due to covid.

Now if you want to argue about whether or not Western Governments in general apply welfare disproportionally  across the board to Corporations versus the average working stiff, then go for it.

But don't make make this some anti American tirade, and since I suspect you are a Brit, look at some of UK corporate welfare policies during this pandemic!

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Hmm, the fact that you are using the word 'bloody' tends to make me think you aren't even American. 

The $600 direct payment isn't the only part of this it also includes an additional $300/wk Federal unemployment payment plus various other protections.

On the comparison to other countries, I don't think any other country has given a direct payment to its entire citizenry regardless or whether or not they where unemployed due to covid.

Now if you want to argue about whether or not Western Governments in general apply welfare disproportionally  across the board to Corporations versus the average working stiff, then go for it.

But don't make make this some anti American tirade, and since I suspect you are a Brit, look at some of UK corporate welfare policies during this pandemic!

Just want to point out that British style English is more dominant in Thailand and some Americans in Thailand pick up some British usages. I use bloody as an American partly to be ironic. I've noticed that spot on has now been widely adopted even in the U.S. It goes the other way too with Brits using Americanisms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Just want to point out that British style English is more dominant in Thailand and some Americans in Thailand pick up some British usages. I use bloody as an American partly to be ironic. I've noticed that spot on has now been widely adopted even in the U.S. It goes the other way too with Brits using Americanisms.

JT, as much as I appreciate you attempts at even handedness, you and I both know we have been down this road a thousand times.

I will also use British English slang in speech, but almost never in written text.

There is a pattern of linguistics that despite how they try to hide it always reveals the truth

Oh and btw, me and Mrs G are quite happy to get our $1200, handily pays our two cars insurance for the next 12 months!

Edited by GinBoy2
3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

JT there is know way this person is from the USA. Nobody in America calls someone a <deleted>?

• Confused 1

Think this bill is veto-proof?

So assume trump is either out of touch, or hoping for some sort of support from his fans for being a "fighter" for them?

I still don't understand the nuances mentioned in this thread...

2 hours ago, Robbie63 said:

First of all this post was to let Americans in Thailand know that there was a change in the new Stimulus Payments.

not sure I'm following? Can you expand or provide a link which might explain? Is this change in how the payment is delivered? Or is it that some married people may be eligible for additional payments?

Regarding the first stimulus payment, for those who were eligible and did not receive their payment you will be abe to claim that on your 2020 1040 on Line 30, Recovery Rebate Credit, as a tax payment, and then take it as a refund.

Edited by mtls2005