USA Stimulus Checks you might get one this Time

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

ACH CREDIT IRS TREAS

XXTAXEIP on 01/01

Processing

$600

BofA

Still haven't recevied first EIP, so willl claim that on my 2020 1040, and take it as a refund.

Also received SocSec payment credited on 12/31/20 (different account).

Hey Good news I received my $600 also will file for the other $1200. Happy New Year Everyone

Just received my deposit in my bank in the US BUT, they did not include payment for my 15 year old son as a dependent.

They paid my dependent on the first round. Now what?

Guess I have to wait till the new FAQ's go up next week. Not happy.

Never a smooth experience with them.

OK another one with spouse using ITIN joint return who did not get 1,200 payment can confirm the current payment is pending in bank so they indeed have corrected that issue and hopefully will be able to get the credit on tax return for the first payment that was not made. 

47 minutes ago, racyrick said:

Just received my deposit in my bank in the US BUT, they did not include payment for my 15 year old son as a dependent.

They paid my dependent on the first round. Now what?

Guess I have to wait till the new FAQ's go up next week. Not happy.

Never a smooth experience with them.

You are not alone in not receiving the payment for your dependent authorized for the 2nd stimulus payment.   If viewing the youtube video link in below quote you'll find quite a few parents commenting in the video comments section they just got their $600 payment over the last few hours or day, but not the payment for their dependent(s)...although they received payment for their dependents under the 1st stimulus earlier this year.

https://www.savingtoinvest.com/got-my-stimulus-check-but-not-my-childs-500-payment/

Issues with my Second Dependent Stimulus Check (Recovery Rebate) Payments

Like the first round of dependent payments (see updates below), many readers are reporting similar issues with the IRS payments for the second child dependent stimulus payment, despite already having received their adult stimulus checks. At this point it is best to wait for the IRS to finish processing, especially if you had issues with the first round of payments. It is highly likely you will also get your dependent stimulus check later after the first round of “standard” payments is done in early to mid-January 2021. If you don’t have your payment you will need to check state on the IRS website (non-filer portal for those who don’t file a return), call their call center (later in January 2021 is better) or just file for this when you submit your 2020 tax return.

Also I have posted a $600 Dependent Stimulus Video Update on this topic with more information (please like and subscribe if you find the video useful)

3 hours ago, Pib said:

You are not alone in not receiving the payment for your dependent authorized for the 2nd stimulus payment.   If viewing the youtube video link in below quote you'll find quite a few parents commenting in the video comments section they just got their $600 payment over the last few hours or day, but not the payment for their dependent(s)...although they received payment for their dependents under the 1st stimulus earlier this year.

https://www.savingtoinvest.com/got-my-stimulus-check-but-not-my-childs-500-payment/

As always, thank you Pib for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Guess I just have to wait for now to see what shakes out and if the IRS admits they had a problem and will correct their mistake.

14 hours ago, andy said:

Sifting through the mayhem of the reddit stimulus check thread, it appears your bank is going to influence when you get this payment.  My account for this is with a criminal cabal  Wells Fargo, and apparently it is going to hit on Monday 4th there. 

Apparently Wells Fargo is not a bank that will actually credit (post) direct deposits before the whatever the payment instructions say....gotta wait until whatever the payment instructions state like 4 Jan which apparently this stimulus payment has....up until then the payment  might appear in Pending status.  However, there are quite a few banks that will credit (post) direct deposits one or two "business" days early....funds fully available to you.   See a partial list below.

https://firstquarterfinance.com/bank-direct-deposit-times/

Reference Table

You can use the table below for a quick explanation of the typical direct deposit times for 19 of the major banks in the U.S., then click any bank or scroll for more details.

Axos Bank Up to 2 days early
Bank of America Typically same-day processing
BB&T Typically between 12 a.m. and 6 a.m. (EST)
BBVA Same business day when employer sends notification
BECU Typically between 12 a.m. and 2 a.m. (PST)
Capital One No later than 9 a.m. (EST)
Chase Bank Typically between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. (EST)
Citibank Typically between 12 a.m. and 7 a.m.
Citizens Bank Typically between 3 a.m. and 6 a.m. (EST)
Fidelity Typically between 12 a.m. and 7 a.m. (EST)
Fifth Third Bank Typically same-day processing
Navy Federal Credit Union Typically between 12 a.m. and 6 a.m. (EST) Monday through Friday
PenFed Credit Union Typically between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. (EST)
PNC Bank Typically between 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. (EST)
Security Service Federal Credit Union Typically between 4:30 a.m. and 6 a.m. (CST)
State Employees Credit Union Overnight processing if employer sends by 5:30 p.m.
SunTrust Bank Typically between 12 a.m. and 7 a.m. (EST)
TD Bank Typically 6 a.m. on payday
U.S. Bank Typically 8 a.m. (PST) on payday
USAA Up to one day early
Wells Fargo Typically 6:30 a.m. (EST) on payday
Woodforest National Bank Same-day processing if deposited before 8 p.m. (CST)

56 minutes ago, lexilis said:

I just got my US Soc Sec monthly transfer. Direct Deposit into BBK Bank. It did not have the additional $600 stimulus. I do not file US taxes and it was June or July until I finally got the $1200 stimulus. I hope there is not a similar delay here. 

Same for me so far today. Maybe tomorrow.

I wonder what sequence they are paying them in. Could it be they are paying the ones that got it in April first and the others later. I did not get mine until the last day of June so I may have a long wait if they do it that way.

If I don't get soon I will be check in the get my payment as soon as it starts working.

1 hour ago, lexilis said:

I just got my US Soc Sec monthly transfer. Direct Deposit into BBK Bank. It did not have the additional $600 stimulus. I do not file US taxes and it was June or July until I finally got the $1200 stimulus. I hope there is not a similar delay here. 

Your monthly SS payment comes from the SSA; the stimulus payment is made separately from the IRS.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, racyrick said:

Little known fact in the bill states that all payments not sent out by January 15th, must make a claim on their 2020 tax return to receive.

Yeap...scary thinking the IRS/Treasury will get all the $600 payments (over 130 million) sent by 15 Jan 2021 when we still have folks who didn't get the first $1,200 payment.   Heck, the IRS said last Tuesday (29 Dec) that the Get My Payment portal should be back online in  a few days/end of the week (which is now last week)....the portal was still offline at the end of last week.  And as of 4 Jan/Monday 2021 at 5:20pm (Thailand time) the Get My Portal is still not back online.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/12/22/stimulus-payments-deadline/

The relief bill says the Treasury Department has until Jan. 15 to get out the $600 payments. If payments can’t be direct-deposited or mailed by then, people will have to wait to get their money when they file their 2020 tax return next year. Even those who file just as the tax season opens may not see a payment until February. If you file your return electronically and elect direct deposit, it can still take about three weeks to get a refund.

Partial quote from the stimulus law regarding the 15 Jan 2021 $600 payment deadline 

‘‘(ii) DEADLINE.—
23 ‘‘(I) IN GENERAL.—Except asprovided in subclause (II), no refund or credit shall be made or allowed under this subsection after January 15, 2021.

Just received my $600 in my US bank today Jan 4.

As a retired non-filer receiving SS payments via Bangkok Bank here, I used the my payments site last time to enter my US bank details for the first round payment. So the IRS remembered that information for the second payment.

Thanks Joe for all the help along the way.

The IRS Get My Payment portal is back online...go to below link. 

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

When entering my info it kept saying my SSN and ZIP code were invalid...I reentered a couple of times....kept rejecting it...kept saying SSN and ZIP code were invalid.   

Then I entered my SSN "with dashes" in the following format 123-45-6789 and I got no rejection...below info pulled up that just basically says I got paid for the first and second stimulus payments on date so-in-so....no dollar amounts...just said they were direct deposited and include the last few digits of the bank acct number the payment was sent to.  I did get both payments.

When entering your info pay close attention to the required entry format like putting slashes between the month/day/year....gotta have the slashes.  The instructions show to use slashes in your birthdate field.  But for entry of your SSN it does not say/show use of dashes, but in my case I had to uses dashes.  I know for the previous version of the Get My Payment tool I could enter my SSN with or without dashes and it was accepted...but with the current version I had to use dashes.     The will get three failed attempts before being locked out for 24 hours according to the Q&A.

image.png.c7eea0ac243270bea7f6e8e7931e6083.png

Yes, GMP back up. I enter my SS without dashes, works fine.

Shows:

Payment #1 Status
We scheduled your payment to be mailed on May 8, 2020 to the address we have on file for you.

Payment #2 Status
We scheduled your payment to be deposited on January 4, 2021 to the bank account below.

I never recevied payment #1, so will claim that as a tax payment in 2020 and take it as a refund.

Payment #2 is still processing at BofA.

December, 2020's SocSec payment hit my Fidelity account on 12/31/2020.

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, Pib said:

When entering my info it kept saying my SSN and ZIP code were invalid...I reentered a couple of times....kept rejecting it...kept saying SSN and ZIP code were invalid.   

Then I entered my SSN "with dashes" in the following format 123-45-6789 and I got no rejection...

Strange you got that. Entered mine without dashes and it worked for me. Both payments showed on it.

image.png.97f321a9186db6cb9442210114dfa459.png

And late yesterday here is when I got the SMS telling me it was in my account

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Strange you got that. Entered mine without dashes and it worked for me. Both payments showed on it.

image.png.97f321a9186db6cb9442210114dfa459.png

And late yesterday here is when I got the SMS telling me it was in my account

Yeap...strange regarding the SS format thing....especially since I could enter it with or without dashes in the previous Get My Payment version earlier in the year.   But I remember reading on Reddit where other people had the same problem....some people had to enter their SSN with dashes to be accepted.

I just tried again "without" dashes and once again it said invalid format....then I enter "with" dashes and it was accepted.  

Just FYI in case some others run into the issue of SSN entry format.

Edit: since the stimulus payment is a joint payment to the wife and I, I also just tried entering the wife's info...same address & ZIP code as me....just SSN and birthdate different.  Entered her SSN with and without dashes and it was accepted both ways.  But as mentioned for me this time around when entering my data I must include dashes in SSN to be accepted....if I leave out dashes it's rejected.

Edited by Pib

The payment is not yet in my BBK account. On "Get My Payment" I keep getting:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-wmsp/login" on this server.

I have tried various ways but no getting in. Not sure what that means.

15 minutes ago, lexilis said:

The payment is not yet in my BBK account. On "Get My Payment" I keep getting:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-wmsp/login" on this server.

I have tried various ways but no getting in. Not sure what that means.

Sounds like your internet service provider is being blocked by the site.   

I'm on AIS Fibre for home internet and  could access the Get My Payment portal no problem "with or without" a VPN connection....in fact, all but one of my tries were without a VPN connection.   Ditto when using my smartphone where DTAC is my mobile provider.

Or, it's just "your" computer/browser settings.  I googled the "Access Denied" problem you are having from a general standpoint to any server and below is an example of the response and possible fixes.  Disregard whether that it's talking the Firefox browser as any browser could have the same problem.

image.png.865cd26b73982cf6d82377061029b476.png

Edited by Pib
4 minutes ago, lexilis said:

I have 3BB. I had no trouble last year getting into "Get My Payment" as long is I did not use a VPN. Now though it does not work either way. Oh well I'll just wait and see if the payment comes through.

Clear you browser cookies, try another browser like Edge if using Win 10, etc.  If already using Edge maybe you have another browser on your computer you can try.  And try from your smartphone.

13 minutes ago, lexilis said:

I finally got in to "Get My Payment". It says the 2nd payment is scheduled to be deposited Jan 4. It's not there yet but should come in soon.

They probably did not get all the payment processed yesterday. They had backlog of at least 2 or 3 days of payments waiting.

It was about 6:30 last night when I got the message it had been done.

Edit: Just checked online banking and it shows it was credited to my account at 18:24.

Edited by ubonjoe

Logged in to the get my payment and used no dashes for my ss number and same address info as first payment, no issues.

Unfortunately, the Q&A for the second stimulus is still not up yet, so I can't find info on the missing payment for my dependent son.

I don't hold out much hope to get this before the 15th and am assuming I will just have to claim this on my 2020 tax return.