Two new cases in Phetchabun !

CharlieH

That was my biggest concern after the initial cases in Samut Sakhon broke, that many people would be traveling from there, or through there on their way to their home province to vote.  Does it not concern this government that there could be a larger spread occurring throughout Thailand because of the travel and not because of the prawn shipments to outside locations.  If they were really serious then they would be testing en-mass throughout the country with free testing being made available.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

with free testing being made available.  

And therein lies the problem. And we all know that IF they did that the numbers would soar, but so much money gets allocated "elsewhere" that they'll never be able to afford mass testing and they'll never understand why they should do it.  A cabinet full of ostriches...heads in the sand.

30 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

If they were really serious then they would be testing en-mass throughout the country with free testing being made available.  

They are really serious. The Thais have acted quicker and better than most countries. Down here in Phangnga they have been testing heaps the last two days, rounding up Burmese workers and Thai fisherman and anyone with cold/flu symptoms . For free. Well targeted testing in my opinion.
It isn’t optional, if you are told to take a test, you take the test. 

I reckon they will lockdown New Year the same as they did for Songkran.

Last week the Phangnga governor also instructed all gamnans and Pooyai baans crackdown on mask rules, alcohol gels at shops, using the tracing app again. People had got slack recently.

Thankfully no positive cases yet. There was a rumor that 5 people from Thayu tested positive yesterday, but it was just a rumor (wasn’t true). 
Hopefully Charlie’s two cases in Petchabun will also be a fake rumor. 

This UK covid strain is more infectious. I hope it doesn’t take hold here. 

https://mgronline.com/south/detail/9630000129877

30C57DB8-DE20-430F-95BD-C4871BBEBCB3.jpeg

23512EDC-18E1-4742-AF4F-2C7413790F94.jpeg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Schools have been closed following 2 new cases identified in Nong Pai, Phetchabun.

The two infected men returned from Samut Sakorn to the area to vote.

According to local sources.

What were the local sources, would like to monitor for update.

The difference in traffic on the road between last week and this is incredible, people are definately taking this seriously.

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

granny in lomsak has been prevented from coming to chiang mai for xmas.

travel out of the province not allowed until further notice

And here I thought just the Loy Kroh Grannies were having a hard time....   ????

#FreetheGrannies

Edited by ChakaKhan

Another case has been discovered and publicised, in Khao Kor area of Phetchabun.

A person who bought seafood from Samut Sakhorn. Social media has publicised a detailed list of movements including times etc for the person concerned.