Caddie fee increases anywhere else?

topt

I rang to book a tee time in January at Pattaya Country Club this morning and asked them to confirm pricing.

Caddie fee apparently increasing to 380 baht from January 1..........(currently 350 baht)

Anybody else encountered increases?

1 hour ago, topt said:

I rang to book a tee time in January at Pattaya Country Club this morning and asked them to confirm pricing.

Caddie fee apparently increasing to 380 baht from January 1..........(currently 350 baht)

Anybody else encountered increases?

If i was you, before to book something i will wait and see how

the situation moves in the next days. 

With the actual increase of the covid cases, a lockdown is probably coming soon

A closure of almost everything including  your favorite golf should be imo more worrying

for you than a 30 bahts increase on the caddie fee, particularly if you have booked and

paid in advance, good luck to have your money back.

So stay tuned and check the officials Thais infos

Edited by kingofthemountain

I'm surprised that they have the cheek to increase caddie fees at a time when the clubs must be suffering from lack of players. In a country where land prices and wages are very low, I still can't understand why golf here is so expensive. Although a keen golfer in UK, I seldom play here because of the price even without caddies. Because I am forced to hire a caddie, it means I only play once in a blue moon and then on the cheaper navy course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, natway09 said:

A 30 Bht increase to me does not even warrant a post

Because of obvious reasons it was unexpected that courses around Pattaya would be increasing any prices. For some caddie cost is an emotive subject so I was simply enquiring whether this was a one off or the start of something more

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

But on the big picture for the OP, that is $1. 

You missed the bigger picture mentioned above :wink:

Some courses around Pattaya have been 400 for over a year having increased from 350 but they are still in a minority - and before anybody chimes in about the Siam courses yes I know they are 450. 

56 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Caddies are wonderful in this country in particular as I like to walk & for 8 months a year being so hot & humid saves me from lugging my own bag around.

A 30 Bht increase to me does not even warrant a post

Pretty much everyone I've played with would prefer no caddy, except tourists as it's a novelty and they are spending money like drunken sailors

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, topt said:

You missed the bigger picture mentioned above :wink:

Some courses around Pattaya have been 400 for over a year having increased from 350 but they are still in a minority -

Well, the big picture as you admit is that a minority of courses have increased by 50 b. I like the caddies and am friendly with several of them and have even met them off the course for meals, etc.  They can add some fun to a round but I also see some sad sacks being demeaning to them. They are not working in bars and most are just trying to support their families.

So, on the big picture I will keep playing and enjoying could careless make it 500, 600 whatever.  Maybe keep some off the course who cannot afford $5.

Some have made a proper plan for retirement and never complain about a caddie fee. Seems petty.  $1.60 or $5 increase is a laugh not going to bust their budget.

PS:  Topt if you want to play sometime shoot me a PM. Go out an enjoy a nice round. I will even pay the caddie fee and tip for you. ????

Edited by bkk6060
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Well, the big picture as you admit is that a minority of courses have increased by 50 b. I like the caddies and am friendly with several of them and have even met them off the course for meals, etc.  They can add some fun to a round but I also see some sad sacks being demeaning to them. They are not working in bars and most are just trying to support their families.

So, on the big picture I will keep playing and enjoying could careless make it 500, 600 whatever.  Maybe keep some off the course who cannot afford $5.

Some have made a proper plan for retirement and never complain about a caddie fee. Seems petty.  $1.60 or $5 increase is a laugh not going to bust their budget.

PS:  Topt if you want to play sometime shoot me a PM. Go out an enjoy a nice round. I will even pay the caddie fee and tip for you. ????

MrsJ and myself would also accept that offer...we don’t pay a green fee at our course so could be a good cheap day for us...rice soup afterwards ok...on us of course ????

17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I knew a well paid off shore oil worker in Issan who felt he was generous to leave a 20 baht  tip at an inexpensive government owed course.  I guess it takes all kinds.

18 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Thanks for the kind offer........however I am playing 3 x per week at the moment with Retox which is enough for me but feel free to come and join us :thumbsup:

https://retoxgolf.webs.com/apps/calendar/

https://retoxgolf.webs.com/apps/calendar/showMonth?calID=6762112&year=2021&month=0

1 minute ago, Boedog said:

Cheap charlie

You may not be aware but @scubascuba3 has made it very clear he does not agree with compulsory caddies and chooses to only play at a navy course where he does not need (do they even have?) to take a caddie.

Up to him as they say.

Whether he is also a cheap charlie or not I have no idea........:biggrin:

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pretty much everyone I've played with would prefer no caddy, except tourists as it's a novelty and they are spending money like drunken sailors

Pretty much everyone I play with or know who plays golf in Thailand prefers to have a caddy. 

• Like 1