Best Way to Cash Out?

Establish an offshore company (Seychelles, BVI etc), then transfer the assets to an account under said company, establish a transferwise or similar account, and withdraw via offshore exchanges to the transferwise business account in dribs and drabs (nothing large) over a period of time, till they've verified you are not laundering, then as long as you don't need the cash immediately, sit on for 12 months so you can remit into Thailand with evidence that you earned the income 12 months prior thus no tax is required, if you do remit immediately then understand its cheaper to pay the income tax from offshore fiat transfers than it is for the Thai tax for crypto withdrawals.

Also understand the Thai government occasionally investigates expats withdrawing large sums of crypto for laundering etc.

Edited by Jenkins9039
  • Like 1

The best way to cash out in Thailand is to cash out in Singapore.   No capital gains taxes.  Not to mention a much heartier/more secure banking system that doesn't have news or incidents of rogue bank managers or employees accessing/draining your account.    So basically use any exchange in SG and withdraw to your bank account there.  From there, if you need to buy a Chang at your favourite entertainment venue here in the LOS, use an ATM card to withdraw paper.   

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 9:58 AM, Heng said:

The best way to cash out in Thailand is to cash out in Singapore.   No capital gains taxes.  Not to mention a much heartier/more secure banking system that doesn't have news or incidents of rogue bank managers or employees accessing/draining your account.    So basically use any exchange in SG and withdraw to your bank account there.  From there, if you need to buy a Chang at your favourite entertainment venue here in the LOS, use an ATM card to withdraw paper.   

So you're saying it's possible to get verified with a crypto exchange & open a bank account in Singapore while your country of residence is Thailand?

Edited by yabbra

The best way to cash out is, and always was - localbitcoins (or localethereum or other peer-to-peer exchanges).

And concerning "official exchanges" like bitkub...

Screen_Shot_2563-11-20_at_17.05.36.png

- LOL, see your passports on darkweb marketplaces for $5/dozen.

Edited by fdsa

On 1/3/2021 at 9:43 AM, fdsa said:

P.S. FYI those "official" Thai exchanges are hosted on Amazon in Singapore, thus keeping Thai nationals' personal information outside Thailand.

Is it even legal?

???? does Thailand seriously have means of enforcement of such things?

On 12/29/2020 at 9:36 AM, yabbra said:

So you're saying it's possible to get verified with a crypto exchange & open a bank account in Singapore while your country of residence is Thailand?

Not any more. Singapore banks are closing accounts left and right for non residents even if they’ve opened those accounts years ago, and it’s damned near impossible to open new accounts there unless a Singapore resident or company.

On 12/22/2020 at 9:39 PM, 2009 said:

So, what is the best way to cash out at the moment in Thailand?

With your boots on and standing next to the Juke box, oh wait I thought you were talking about riding off into the big sky after kicking the bucket.  Carry on, Cash out your bank accounts, stuff the suitcases, and sell off what you can.  In the end walking away with what you can afford to loose is not an issue, you can always rebuild elsewhere.  Hopefully you were not overly invested.

On 1/3/2021 at 3:36 PM, fdsa said:

The best way to cash out is, and always was - localbitcoins (or localethereum or other peer-to-peer exchanges).

And concerning "official exchanges" like bitkub...

Screen_Shot_2563-11-20_at_17.05.36.png

- LOL, see your passports on darkweb marketplaces for $5/dozen.

You do realise you can't withdraw via Bitkub unless the bank is in the same name as the account holder ?

You do realize that even the largest companies store users' private information in the databases protected by login "admin" and password "admin"?

You do realize that the famous company Solarwinds who serves the US Army, Treasury, Post, NASA, and many Fortune 500 companies, was hacked because they used password "solarwinds123"?

I'd be happy to show my passport & bank book in person at the local Bitkub office, but as they do not have one I prefer to trade cryptos privately or on the peer-to-peer exchanges. Because I don't want to upload these scans to some online server for the joy of russian hackers.

P.S. treat "russian" as the trademark, not as the originating country. For my experience the majority of hacking activity comes from mainland China.

Edited by fdsa

On 1/10/2021 at 12:23 PM, fdsa said:

You do realize that even the largest companies store users' private information in the databases protected by login "admin" and password "admin"?

You do realize that the famous company Solarwinds who serves the US Army, Treasury, Post, NASA, and many Fortune 500 companies, was hacked because they used password "solarwinds123"?

I'd be happy to show my passport & bank book in person at the local Bitkub office, but as they do not have one I prefer to trade cryptos privately or on the peer-to-peer exchanges. Because I don't want to upload these scans to some online server for the joy of russian hackers.

P.S. treat "russian" as the trademark, not as the originating country. For my experience the majority of hacking activity comes from mainland China.

> 80TB of Parler Posts, Videos, and Other Data Leaked

> According to the security researchers, video and image data still has EXIF data (metadata of things like time, date, and location), and some of the other data they've been able to gather is the Verified Accounts documents — on Parler, users that are verified have done so by uploading photos of their government IDs.

And that's exactly the reason why I never register on any website that wants to see my government ID.

Edited by fdsa

LOL, I remember this, I worked for Lucent Technologies before it was taken over by the French and then eaten by the Fins ????

litbp4mtw

Lucent is the best place for me to work ????

The idea stuck, just use a phrase you can remember and the first letter of each word.

I have some 1.53 btc which I would like to sell for cash, any currency. Any small quantity at time is not a problem, if it's close enough to meet.

I do live in west bangkok and would like to meet in a secure place, like police station, so I can check bank notes for forgery.

I would like to exchange passport/national ID copies as well as phone numbers for my safety.

Now, on bitcoin.com my 0.67 btc shows some $25k, but 0.76 btc on binance and 0.1 btc on coinbase is $9.5k and $950. It looks, like they are not updated real time, as I hoped for. Did I make a mistake? Is there way to rectify it?

• 3 weeks later...