Non immigrant visa in brisbane

I've read a few posts that suggest that it's easy to get a non-immigrant Visa in Brisbane, what isn't clear to me is whether it's easy to get if you don't normally qualify.

I'm not married to a thai, just engaged and will be getting married during the year I will be there.  I'd like to get a Visa that means I don't have to make Visa runs before the wedding.  So I don't need multi entry as I prefer not to exit, though the option the re-enter once would be good.

I have the opportunity to stopover in Brisbane on the way to Thai and will do so if i can get a Non Imm O there rather than a tourist visa i can get anywhere, but if I arrive there and find i need a marriage certificate I'm screwed.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible in which case what paperwork i should take.

Thanks.

No.  Any visa you get will require exit of country every 90 days max.  You should ask Consulate what they would need in order to issue you a multi entry O visa on the basis of your intended marriage.  Do not believe there is anything set in stone but they will likely try to be helpful if you appear for real.  Another poster today seems to have obtained such a visa; possibly on this basis.