Hotel near Trendy Building

champers

I have to go to UK Embassy next week and will spend a couple of nights in Bangkok. Please can you personally reccommend a good hotel close by in the 1000 to 2000 Baht per night range. I like a good breakfast included if possible.

Many thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, partington said:

You must mean the  VFS passport renewal service in the Trendy building, which is a private company that handles UK passport renewals?

The actual UK Embassy is now in Sathorn, nowhere near the Trendy building.

Yes, I am renewing my passport.

Try the Eastin Grand Sathorn hotel, on the south side of Sathorn (same side as the UK Embassy and a few minutes walk away from the Embassy). The hotel connects directly into Surasak Skytrain station, which makes it very convenient. Have stayed there a number of times. You may under current conditions be able to get a rate close to what you indicate. It's a modern hotel  and I've always found it very efficient and pleasant with good breakfast.

• Confused 1

Stable Lodge is a nice hotel in Soi 8 which is opposite Soi 11. Walking distance from the hotel to Trendy probably less than 10 minutes.

http://www.stablelodge.com/restaurant.html

It's obviously not a big 5star hotel but a small nice hotel with breakfast at the pool. I like it.

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm staying at the Sofitel, around the corner.  Booked on Agoda for 2650/night.

IMG_20201223_131259.jpg.31e3cd542910516eeef4be518553a118.jpgIMG_20201223_131315.jpg.9b78d7253328e2ea6675ff6ec1bec051.jpg

View from the room

DSC_9820.JPG.217490496c5e72c3d548cd9926a97dd6.JPG

Bring your own whisky

DSC_9814.JPG.a7268acf165cf6b2fb7173f6da2faeb7.JPG

They have a rooftop bar on the 32nd floor, great views of the city

IMG_20201223_191510.jpg.e2d071fcbe6e5477eb193efa444a8e60.jpg

I ordered the cheapest thing on the menu, a glass of Spanish red

IMG_20201223_192453.jpg.5fc5bc0a1600beacdae263374e84bf0a.jpg

Breakfast is included, and ala carte, but you can order as much as you want.  Besides this, I had smoked salmon Eggs Benedict.

IMG_20201225_091248.jpg.56b76713c57f76117129de84d803adbd.jpg

I'll check out the pool this afternoon.

IMG_20201220_070859.jpg.e4f5e161e6ab12eb9d5f2ba9db1a874b.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

If you're ok with something less luxury than the other recommendations, then the Miami Hotel is literally right next door (to the right if facing Trendy). I checked it out once when a friend was visiting me. About 850thb/night, cutely retro designed, with pool and perfectly comfortable. You can pay extra to include breakfast and anyway there are quite a few restaurant options within one block.  https://www.thaimiami.com/en/home

On 12/23/2020 at 4:51 PM, transam said:

I am trying to think of the place I stayed at, it is in the next Soi, 10 minute walk to Trendy, it's an Irish type pub with very nice accommodation above, lift to upper floors...Will try and find out...

Edit: The Drunken Leprechaun, now The Irish Pub, part of the Marriot, Soi 15.

Edited by Matreusse

On 12/23/2020 at 4:43 PM, Filer said:

Try the Eastin Grand Sathorn hotel, on the south side of Sathorn (same side as the UK Embassy and a few minutes walk away from the Embassy). The hotel connects directly into Surasak Skytrain station, which makes it very convenient. Have stayed there a number of times. You may under current conditions be able to get a rate close to what you indicate. It's a modern hotel  and I've always found it very efficient and pleasant with good breakfast.

That is nowhere near where he has to go to renew his UK passport (Sukhumvit 13), it's the opposite side of town.

17 minutes ago, Matreusse said:

"in the next Soi, 10 minute walk to Trendy, it's an Irish type pub with very nice accommodation above, lift to upper floors." - the next soi is Soi 15 where there's an Irish pub on the ground floor of the Four Points hotel (which is within a 10 min walk to Trendy).

2 minutes ago, mark5335 said:

"in the next Soi, 10 minute walk to Trendy, it's an Irish type pub with very nice accommodation above, lift to upper floors." - the next soi is Soi 15 where there's an Irish pub on the ground floor of the Four Points hotel (which is within a 10 min walk to Trendy).

3 minutes ago, mark5335 said:
22 minutes ago, Matreusse said:

That's what I said in my edit, but it's an old thread and irrelevant to the OP nw!