Hospital Records

LBoyce

The hospital will not have the record. You need to go to the Ampoe office to do your search. I have read here in TFV that you can now find birth info for any Ampoe at whichever is closest to you. Good Luck.

Edited by AgMech Cowboy

When our daughter was born it was in a hospital 150kms from where we live.

We had to initially register her at the Amphoe nearest to the hospital then re register or transfer when we returned home.

If the system was the same 50 years ago suggest you identify the hospital then locate the nearest Amphoe and check there.

Good luck.

On 12/23/2020 at 11:40 AM, LBoyce said:

Can anyone tell me how long Bangkok hospitals keep birth records? Trying to look for a brother that was born at Hospital.  He would be in his 50’s at this time. 

Could be difficult. My wife, now 58, had lost her original birth certificate when we married more than 30 years ago. Neither the Amphoe nor the hospital in Yannawa district where she had been born could find any records. Give it a try though and good luck.

As others have said, you need to check government records not hospital.

Though you might have more luck posting in Thai on popular online Thai sites giving the name of the parents, place of birth and approximate date. As even finding the birth record will nto tell you where he is now.