Thailand road carnage: Kids in lucky escape as bread truck slams into school van in Chaiyaphum

webfact

Thailand road carnage: Kids in lucky escape as bread truck slams into school van in Chaiyaphum

9pm2.jpg

Several school children were lucky to escape death after a six wheel truck carrying bread slammed into their van on the way home from school in Chaiyaphum in the north east of Thailand yesterday evening. 

The accident happened just after 5 pm on the Chaiyaphum to Bua Yai Road, between KM markers 10 and 11.

9pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Witness Sanga, 40, told 77kaoded that he was following the bread truck that he saw brake suddenly and cross lanes into the path of the students' Toyota van resulting in a serious smash.

Luckily the students who were stuck in the van did not suffer life threatening injuries. One was pictured being loaded onto a stretcher with a leg in a brace.

9pm3.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

But both the truck driver and the van driver were seriously injured along with another two people in the truck.

About 11 people were taken to hospital, reported the media.  

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-23

• Sad 1

Fortunately it wasn't necessary to use the term 'Brown bread' in this case.

A lucky escape again for those schoolkids, I think there was one the day before with 21 children involved, I think it has something to do with the sun being very low in the sky at this time of year, blinding unwary drivers.

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

But both the truck driver and the van driver were seriously injured along with another two people in the truck.

Hardly any protection for front row occupants in vans or that style of truck. 
Dangerous things, I always avoid the front seat of a van if I can.

The carnage will continue because the powers-that-be do not care to do what would really be needed, that is ENFORCE THE LAW regarding vans and bus safety equipment, force owners of truck, bus and van companies to pay their drivers by the MONTH , not by the number of trips, increase fines which should be paid ON THE SPOT otherwise IMPOUND the vehicle etc... but that of course supposes the police do their job (do I hear guffaws?)  and do not take bribes (stop laughing, please).