No Brexit trade deal yet as serious issues remain, British minister says

snoop1130

18 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

Fishing is the last apparent sticking point, from what I have read, the UK want a reduction in EU access to UK waters of 80%, whereas the French, Spanish and Danish do not want to lose anything, ie they want 0% loss. 

Rumours are circling that a compromise of around 35% reduction may be agreed by both sides but the French from what I understand are less than happy about this.

The British want a 100% acces to the EU markets, for all, without any influence of EU law makers nor courts.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I heard a last minute hitch on fishing. Macron probably moving the goalposts at the last minute again.

I'm more concerned about level playing field provisions personally. 

Apparently Boris has said  the French Spanish etc can fish in our (UK) waters.....but are only allowed to use Rods...not Nets:thumbsup:

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I heard a last minute hitch on fishing. Macron probably moving the goalposts at the last minute again.

Haddock fumbles........loose ball..........great clearance by Pollack.....difficult to defend with the left upright next to the corner flag ... and that's a tricoleur. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jvs said:

i was just going to watch a live broadcast about Brexit but it has been postponed,

deal or no deal?

My bet is on deal.

I have a feeling that Boris and European commission President Ursula Von Der Leyen are going to announce  their engagement  with a Summer weeding .

"After being together four years , we have decided to make our relationship official , he visits as often as he can and phones me most nights . We will have a April Wedding, because our babies due in May"

a man wearing a suit and tie talking on a cell phone: European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen welcomes British Prime Minister Boris Johnson in Brussels, Belgium December 9, 2020. Olivier Hoslet/Pool via REUTERS

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Loiner said:

Still looking like No Deal then. Or have you Remainers and Euros still got your hopes and dreams of capitulation?

Nobody capitulated,talks have worked out,better for every one.

There is a deal!Like it or not!

I just wonder if those four years of nothing have been worth it,what is really going to

chance?

I mean really going to chance?

13 minutes ago, jvs said:

Nobody capitulated,talks have worked out,better for every one.

There is a deal!Like it or not!

I just wonder if those four years of nothing have been worth it,what is really going to

chance?

I mean really going to chance?

Just let him and the others be. If they're happy with a no deal, good for them, but not good for anybody. If they're happy with a deal because they're convinced they made the Europeans capitulate, good for them.

The import thing is a deal seems to be on the way, which at this stage is the best thing that can be achieved, for both the EU and UK.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, nauseus said:

And were in all decision bodies unlike any other EU member state because UK interests and votes were outvoted by the continental coalition majority almost every time, while the vetoes disappeared at a rapid rate, to be decided by QMV.

I agree about Charles de Gaulle. A pity he did not live to 126. 

It is only a provisional agreement ...the funny stuff comes later as all those who has to vote on it could read and has spitting  the small text ....it is then the fun starts ????...dont be dissapointrd now...! (as im also not ???? )...Macron still has time to bring a few objections in the game ...????

This is only for christmass and for Boris a testing game ...how far what he can convince for the ERG. to accept and the others .....later he make than his final " appearance " U turn ????o

Still chance for our no deal ????....as the fun just started with all the possible Brexit chaos we could see now  already .....????

31 minutes ago, david555 said:

It is only a provisional agreement ...the funny stuff comes later as all those who has to vote on it could read and has spitting  the small text ....it is then the fun starts ????...dont be dissapointrd now...! (as im also not ???? )...Macron still has time to bring a few objections in the game ...????

This is only for christmass and for Boris a testing game ...how far what he can convince for the ERG. to accept and the others .....later he make than his final " appearance " U turn ????o

Still chance for our no deal ????....as the fun just started with all the possible Brexit chaos we could see now  already .....????

You altered my post, leave it alone. Apart from that what are you gobbling on about now? Or is it just a case of the giblets? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, puipuitom said:

And were in all decision bodies like any other EU member state as PM of the UK, UK commissioner or UK members of the EU parliament. The problem is the English again thought to bring British Raj to Europe.

Pity, we did not listen better to Charles de Gaulle.

It will mean the Dutch and everyone will be paying more. Even if the UK gives a bit on fish eventually and we have given it away for 40 plus years, it  will be in total UK hands. No wonder the foreigners are up in arms.

If Charles de Gaulle had any gonads, he wouldn't have let his country be overtaken by the Germans and why are  the Dutch so happy as they were decimated by the Germans. So short memories.

So hardly a national figure to be proud off and one to justify your feeble point.

So you mention him as someone to listen too. He is a national disgrace in many peoples eyes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

If Charles de Gaulle had any gonads, he wouldn't have let his country be overtaken by the Germans and why are  the Dutch so happy as they were decimated by the Germans. So short memories.

So hardly a national figure to be proud off and one to justify your feeble point.

So you mention him as someone to listen too. He is a national disgrace in many peoples eyes.

???? you are only a brit, you can't understand , only a French story 

29 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It will mean the Dutch and everyone will be paying more. Even if the UK gives a bit on fish eventually and we have given it away for 40 plus years, it  will be in total UK hands. No wonder the foreigners are up in arms.

I will take you advice and not argue with a fool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

And were in all decision bodies unlike any other EU member state because UK interests and votes were outvoted by the continental coalition majority almost every time, while the vetoes disappeared at a rapid rate, to be decided by QMV.

I agree about Charles de Gaulle. A pity he did not live to 126. 

When you are NOT satisfied in any organisation: LEAVE.

But do NOT ask to play at their fields or park at their promises again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Never ever one "goalpost" is been moved by a nanometer by any of the EU. The conditions asked were exactly the same as just after the referendum.

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

I have a feeling that Boris and European commission President Ursula Von Der Leyen are going to announce  their engagement  with a Summer weeding .

"After being together four years , we have decided to make our relationship official , he visits as often as he can and phones me most nights . We will have a April Wedding, because our babies due in May"

a man wearing a suit and tie talking on a cell phone: European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen welcomes British Prime Minister Boris Johnson in Brussels, Belgium December 9, 2020. Olivier Hoslet/Pool via REUTERS

That is wife nr ?  and Child nr ? ? for Boris

He is as loyal as... a Boris the Liar.

Edited by puipuitom

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

a) The British ran away, the French suffered over 100.000 deads in these few weeks.

b) The Import duty, but especially agricultural levies will bring a lot more to the EU that the membershop contribution of the British.

But most of all: a LOT of UK business is already replaced by EU goods to avoid the risk of not being supplied just-in-time. See the demonstration now in Kent and any other UK port.

But.. maybe.. the EU will think over a rejoin, when under King George VII it will be asked.

Edited by puipuitom
  • Haha 1

Seems to be a lot of resentment from the (nationalistic) Brits towards the Germans and the French. Its like many Brits just could not accept that others took a leading role and it were not the Brits.

Reading the posts its always complaining about the French and the Germans, perhaps if the Brits were a bit better at politics they would have made their own alliance and got things done instead of moaning that they were not leaders by default. 

The past really put some strange idea's in the head of the British nationalists. Instead of working to get a coalition of like minded and get more to say in the EU they decide leaving is best. Probably because they know they can't pull it off not as it would require skill in negotiating. We havent seen much skill at all.

When the UK was leaving many thought they would pull some magnificent legal tricks and get what they want. We expected quality and brains. What we got was Boris.. imagine our new image of the Brits. Expecting some keen legal mind and sharp negotiators and being stuck with the likes of Boris.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

It was explained that those were not lies , it was peoples lack of understanding English that was the problem .

People who didnt know what "could" means , thought those slogans were lies .

People who speak English fluently  know the difference between a promise and a prediction 

So, next negotiations in German, French or another EU member country's language

As a London trader told me

when you know two languages, you are bilingual

with 3, you are triple lingual

with 4.. you are en genius

with just only one... you are British 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Never ever one "goalpost" is been moved by a nanometer by any of the EU. The conditions asked were exactly the same as just after the referendum.

You were present during negotiations?

Tell us more ????.

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

he wouldn't have let his country be overtaken by the Germans .

Sadly things like that have happened.

But please don't always refer to the overtaking from European countries by the Germans.

Remember there was also 15 February 1942, the capitulation of Singapore, the  British surrendering to the Japanese.

Mr. Churchill himself called it than : " the worst disaster in British military history".

But this is the past;

Germany is now a part of the E.U..

The U.K. proudly announced lately, it had sign a trade agreement with Japan.

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Sadly things like that have happened.

But please don't always refer to the overtaking from European countries by the Germans.

Remember there was also 15 February 1942, the capitulation of Singapore, the  British surrendering to the Japanese.

Mr. Churchill himself called it than : " the worst disaster in British military history".

But this is the past;

Germany is now a part of the E.U..

The U.K. proudly announced lately, it had sign a trade agreement with Japan.

"Germany is now part of the E.U"., no Germany is the EU.,with its lapdog France at its heels.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

So, next negotiations in German, French or another EU member country's language

As a London trader told me

when you know two languages, you are bilingual

with 3, you are triple lingual

with 4.. you are en genius

with just only one... you are British 

When a Lion speaks to a Duck, he doesn't quack.

• Haha 1