Thailand continues to reopen for travellers slowly and safely

webfact

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yes, but you will have to share the flight with Thai nationals who are not tested for COVID-19 prior to departure so there's a high risk you will contract it on the flight or even in ASQ before your holiday really begins.

You are correct and it defies all logic to impose the mandatory test only on non-thai passengers, but 'high risk' is exaggerated.

Some airlines now do a rapid anti-gen test for all passengers (results in 10 minutes), so when worrying about the small risk catching it from the non PCR-tested thais on the flight, you could check out those airlines.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

continues to safely and slowly reopen welcoming international travellers

Oh Really?? Quote:-

"a new category system will be implemented in order to declare areas of risk throughout the country"

This system, to date, lists 29 Provinces throughout Thailand, many with popular tourist destinations.

In my opinion, they are going bonkers in Bangkok!!! 

28 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Oh Really?? Quote:-

"a new category system will be implemented in order to declare areas of risk throughout the country"

This system, to date, lists 29 Provinces throughout Thailand, many with popular tourist destinations.

In my opinion, they are going bonkers in Bangkok!!! 

This has been implemented in many countries. It doesn't work in Europe but seems to work in Asian countries as ppl are more disciplined.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

I know Thais who have returned from abroad and they needed to show a negative COVID test within the past few days. Not sure where you're getting your info from. 

Well said what a tool he is saying you Will catch from Thai nationals ????????????????????

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Regarding Covid test to thais, it actually depends on the airline.

For example, as far as I know, Etihad and Emirates require all passengers to present a negative test 72 hours prior departure.

That's why I choosed Qatar, which does not have this requirement, only for few nationalities.Thais travelling with Qatar are exempt, but foreigners, enterind Thailand, they are not.

Anyways, I am not a virologist, but I guess risk of infection is quite low during flight?

Edited by drenddy

13 minutes ago, BudRight said:

I came to Thailand on a tourist visa and am on my 15th day of ASQ. It's the end of a nearly two month process to get into Thailand in which I've spent about 70,000 baht. Nobody is going to go through the trouble to get here under these conditions. Not that they should change them, mind you - just saying that the circumstances are too onerous to be inviting.

Nobody? You just did it... 

On 12/24/2020 at 3:18 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yes, but you will have to share the flight with Thai nationals who are not tested for COVID-19 prior to departure ....

And this is exactly the point...
And lying in a Thai hospital with Covid, is pretty much the last thing I want....:sick:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Turkleton said:

And this is exactly the point...
And lying in a Thai hospital with Covid, is pretty much the last thing I want....:sick:

There is also an option regarding the 'untested' folks flying and a safer buffer zone for yourself so to speak, dig into your wallet further and get out of an economy seat. Total cost to LOS can easily get to 130,000 - 150,000 baht and hopefully a Covid free journey !! 

37 minutes ago, sirineou said:

What ever happened to reducing the quarantined, last month it was published the a reduction to 10 days had ben approved , and then,, nothing. 

But that was last month, this is this month, just wait and see what they come up with next month! ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

those are good news indeed.

if i come from a country that is allowed for the 30-45 days visa waiver, can i fly to thailand

also from another country, or only from the country of my citizenship?

The now approved 45-day VisaExempt waiver is based on your nationality, so yes you can enter Thailand from any country.  But obviously your currently have to meet the CoE requirements when flying to Thailand (negative covid-test 72 hours before boarding, 15 days quarantaine in an ASQ hotel, 100.000 US $ insurance coverage for covid-19 treatment, ...).

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 7:03 AM, drenddy said:

Regarding Covid test to thais, it actually depends on the airline.

For example, as far as I know, Etihad and Emirates require all passengers to present a negative test 72 hours prior departure.

That's why I choosed Qatar, which does not have this requirement, only for few nationalities.Thais travelling with Qatar are exempt, but foreigners, enterind Thailand, they are not.

Anyways, I am not a virologist, but I guess risk of infection is quite low during flight?

First of all. Wouldnt you think its safer to fly on an airliner that had all its passengers tested with 72hrs?  Qatar’s exemption for thais can be a reason you get infected...before quarantine.

virologist im not either, but i work on board a major us airline.  I can tell you that its very risky.  Airlines brag about hepa filtered air every few minutes (true) but from the moment you arrive at the airport you are at risk.  Crowds, checkin areas, buckets used at xray, toilet door handles, the pen you borrow to fill out forms, so many touch points to be aware of.  A friend followed every CDC guideline, mask gloves.  and works as cabin staff.  Got covid still.   ALL passengers /crew should be tested.  No exceptions 

• Like 1