I'm fed up

Pravda

On 12/24/2020 at 5:32 AM, Pravda said:

I love Thailand, I really do, but I have been whinging and whining about bad air since last year. Then the covid happened, lost a lot of income but thinking I'd have to leave the country and never to return put me into major depression. I convinced my wife to buy a condo and we will be staying. 

But when I made this somewhat life altering decision I completely forgot about bad air I was whinging and whining  last year. 

Right now it is showing 157aqi, but I swear to god I have a much worse reaction than last year. This time I can literally smell the filthy air and my sinuses are shut even I'm squirting steroids into my nostrils. 

Can anyone else actually smell the filthy air or is it just me? It almost smells like a factory. I have xiaomi on full (the noisiest level). It does the job, but I can't have it run like this at night. 

I'm outta here! 

Under aqi 300 it is still tolerable and not considered risky. of course aqi 50 is better but 157 in a big city if the reasonable price for the comfort

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/24/2020 at 7:12 PM, ClaySmc said:

Are they stored in an area that has humidity or moisture? When I moved into my condo it had a shoe cabinet so I put several shoes and sneakers inside. I few months later I opened it and they were all covered with dust and mold. I was able to rub 3 of them clean, but had to throw out 3 others. The other side of the cabinet faces the shower and I suspect that moisture seeped in to contributed to mold growth. 

The above items are in various rooms in my Bangkok city townhouse. It is usually air conditioned but of course humidity is always high. Still not sure of the cause of this? Never see mold on them?

On 12/24/2020 at 10:32 AM, Pravda said:

I love Thailand, I really do, but I have been whinging and whining about bad air since last year. Then the covid happened, lost a lot of income but thinking I'd have to leave the country and never to return put me into major depression. I convinced my wife to buy a condo and we will be staying. 

But when I made this somewhat life altering decision I completely forgot about bad air I was whinging and whining  last year. 

Right now it is showing 157aqi, but I swear to god I have a much worse reaction than last year. This time I can literally smell the filthy air and my sinuses are shut even I'm squirting steroids into my nostrils. 

Can anyone else actually smell the filthy air or is it just me? It almost smells like a factory. I have xiaomi on full (the noisiest level). It does the job, but I can't have it run like this at night. 

I'm outta here! 

I lived in Chonburi city and Pattaya for ten years. Left two years ago because of the pollution. 

I searched far and wide for the cleanest air in Thailand and moved to Natai Beach Phangnga.

Best thing I ever did, not only is the air clean, there is very little litter, no piles of garbage on vacant blocks like in other provinces, the people don’t selfishly block intersections, the population isn’t jaded by ugly farangs, and the sea has an amazing clarity, the sky is blue and actually smells like the sea, not a dodgy sewer. 

Paradise down here. 

557D8E17-D62D-4681-94AA-DB71C036D5B0.jpeg

405FDDC0-77DA-45EE-9BEF-71340DB1D5F3.jpeg

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

I lived in Chonburi city and Pattaya for ten years. Left two years ago because of the pollution. 

I searched far and wide for the cleanest air in Thailand and moved to Natai Beach Phangnga.

Best thing I ever did, not only is the air clean, there is very little litter, no piles of garbage on vacant blocks like in other provinces, the people don’t selfishly block intersections, the population isn’t jaded by ugly farangs, and the sea has an amazing clarity, the sky is blue and actually smells like the sea, not a dodgy sewer. 

Paradise down here. 

557D8E17-D62D-4681-94AA-DB71C036D5B0.jpeg

405FDDC0-77DA-45EE-9BEF-71340DB1D5F3.jpeg

Only problem is the amount of rain down south

46 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Only problem is the amount of rain down south

True. 

That was the reason I chose Natai Beach over Khok Lak.

Natai gets a lot,lot less rain. Locals tell me it is because of the mountains in Khao Lak, not sure how true that is, but there definitely is a big difference. 

Plus being within 45 minutes of Phuket private hospitals and 30 minutes to Phuket Airport sealed the deal whereas Khao Lak you are looking at about 1 1/2 hours, so a 3 hour round trip.

A new private hospital  is opening in Mai Kao in northern Phuket so when that opens it will be less than 20 minutes to a private hospital from Natai Beach.

And the beach here is never ending. It would be impossible to walk to the end of it a day. 

60CD1845-736F-43F7-BBBE-9E8AA2E45318.jpeg

580C0ADE-A745-4138-97F8-3ECB6CD1A29D.jpeg

4DCD542A-66D7-42C8-99FF-B7CC77093B34.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 1:02 AM, fakser said:

Under aqi 300 it is still tolerable and not considered risky.

Very interesting.

There are different limits worldwide,

but AQI 300 is 'Very Unhealthy' everywhere.

Just have a look -  eg.  https://aqicn.org/here

or   https://www.airnow.gov/aqi/aqi-calculator/  

image.png.9d6d91c3e2818619ab5a200124a208b7.png

image.png.42a5ee63aa5f40c138e3b5e02517fc36.png 

AQI 300  ~  250 ug/m3