Is Bangkok a dangerous city?

1fortheroad

after all the good replies to my other question ; https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1197897-how-much-money-do-you-need-to-live-comfortably-in-bangkok/who 

For people live there do you ever feel in danger in Bangkok?

My opinion generally is that Thailand is very safe for foreigners and crime against foreigners is actually quite rare.

Sure, the roads are dangerous etc but on the whole it is pretty safe.

Is Bangkok a dangerous city?

• Like 1

I lived in Silom/Sathorn and never saw any trouble over many years. Travelled around quite a bit, again no trouble. I also live in London and I'm sure it's the same as every other city in the world, if you want to find it you can....

• Like 2

Incredibly safe. Unless, of course, you are looking for contraband. In which case the risk is getting busted by the cops. Violent crime is pretty much unheard of. I've been here 18 years working with Thais and farangs, partake of the nightlife yet never heard one tale of woe.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tgw said:

I've visited many different spots in Bangkok and I would say it's safe at any time of the day and night.

Not dangerous at all if you behave like a sane person, stay away from drugs, don't trust strangers and don't start arguments.

and stay sober.

• Like 2