No national lockdown in Thailand: Prayut

webfact

So, what are the quarantine requirements for movements, other than migrant workers, between provinces belonging to different categories? 

To me this has the same effect as a national lockdown, as I won't go to Bangkok because I might end up in a concentration camp at my return to  Buriram. Bangkok being orange could well move to red while I'd be there.

So guys, let's stay put and save money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I knew after speaking with a relative in the Thai family who works amongst some clout, that there would be no blanket lock down. This will be a flash in the pan, by mid January it will be back to the only wu-flu reporting being related to ASQ arrivals. Also I expect a few European countries to be disallowed from participating in the ASQ program, if not a Thai citizen. "tHe nEw sTraIn!"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I have to travel from Pattaya into one of the YELLOW ZONES on Sunday to take my wife for a hospital appointment in BKK on Monday. I'll return to Pattaya on Tuesday. 

Does anybody have specific details on what "high surveillance" will mean for me? Just checkpoints with "temperature checks"; or something more extensive?

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Starmocihc said:

Yeah, I knew after speaking with a relative in the Thai family who works amongst some clout, that there would be no blanket lock down. This will be a flash in the pan, by mid January it will be back to the only wu-flu reporting being related to ASQ arrivals. Also I expect a few European countries to be disallowed from participating in the ASQ program, if not a Thai citizen. "tHe nEw sTraIn!"

Such prophetical powers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poohy said:

Hmm the aquarium just south of Prachuap (i exercise daily there) is once again closed as it was during lockdown.

Myself and a bunch of Thais in front of me  were turned away today. 

saving lives & preventing the spread of this lethal virus is priority for them at the moment. 

Lockdowns are a real pain, there are 2 towns near where I live. that are on lockdown One is were I get my hair cut and the other is a get together place where many of my friends have lunch 3 to 4 times a week. I really hope the vaccine gets here sooner to ends these lockdowns.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime minister Prayut said on Thursday there is no national lockdown order planned for Thailand, although the government will “intensify” measures following the outbreak of COVID-19 in Samut Sakhon.

He and Thailand cannot afford another lock-down... hope the local measures work or he's stuffed.

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Tens of thousands. Likely to soon move into the hundreds of thousands.

And thousands were tested previously (not counting the testing of all new arrivals and all known contacts of positive cases etc). But at that point, even though the testing was focused in areas thought to be at risk (e,g, Mae Sot,Tak, and briefly Rayong) the yield was so extremely low that it did nto justify continuing on a mass scale. The opposite is true now -- the positivity rate indicates a need to widen testing - and they are responding accordingly. And appropriately.

Thanks for the correction.

Driving from Phuket to Bkk on Sunday: I will try to drive around the orange and red zones in order to reach my destination but I wonder what the announcement means ( actually it uses the future tense so not sure when this will be enforced or am I reading incorrectly)

In any case it is anyone's guess on how this is going to be implemented or are there any guidelines that I should know of ? ( and, no, I cannot go back to Bkk before that day )

Thanks for all input