Snooze-pit, Bears Are Hibernating

Georgie-Porgie

We Chiang Mai residents always like to have a good chuckle, and we also happen to be blessed with really good-hearted, open-minded admin people on our forum, which can be important if one has something unpopular to say, and one wants to stick around ( gulp ). :D

I just wanted to mention, if you have some time, check out what used to be the "Bear-Pit" for a quick laugh - before you fall into a coma from sheer boredom.

Most of the conservatives have been either been thrown off of the Pit, or have quit in disgust.

They feel that two new mods are letting their political positions dictate how posts and posters are dealt with. Left is right. :D

They also feel that if the mods are criticized on the forum for this type of behavior, the thread is labeled a "personal attack" and simply erased from the board.

Catch 22. :D

The rumor is that these two want to ban even more members, however, only one or two conservatives are left, and they are probably too frightened to post their opinions. In the last few days most of the posts on the forum are from the mods, with little feedback. To say the least, it looks a little bizarre.

Well, I always wondered why anyone would volunteer to join admin.

At least in the Bear-Pit, at this particular time, it does seem to be one one way to promote your point of view. :o

Where are the links to bear pit, I never used to go there much when it was in here, but now is a hassle.

Might pop in and have a look.

There are mods on all forums who feel criticism in any form is a personal attack, but I put that down to inexperience or self esteem probs.

Don't take things personally and don't take yourself to seriously may be the way.

I reckon you miss the Gent Georgie. :o

George can you point to some specific threads?  I look in there sometimes, but really haven't noticed anything like that going on.

I do admit to having some fun in the Conspiracy forum.  What a bunch of nuts.

TH

Just off the top of my head, do a search on me.

I think that my last 10, or so posts, were completely deleted for being "obscene" or "personal attacks".

If one calls "kiss my posterior" obscene, than I will cop to that on one or two posts, but the rest were "personal attacks" and were basically what I have written here, complains about how the mods were handling their jobs.

They were completely deleted and that isn't right.

Search John L.'s posts. The guy has made The Bear-Pit a much better, saner, more courteous place, but he was also accused of obscenity, and he simply doesn't do that.

He is gone, and I suspect that he was suspended for nothing other than his political beliefs.

Boon Mee refuses to post there. :o

And so on...