UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congrats UK!   You have gone from being a big fish in a big pond to a little fish in a big pond.   I respect the democratic right of a country, but choosing to diminish yourself in

As anyone with half a brain could see that a deal would happen at the last minute. I and many others who voted leave on here predicted it (It wasn't difficult) even though I wanted a no deal and compl

Congrats to all the Pom Brexiters on here. You got the sovereignty of your country back, and the rights of free trade. Well done.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

More UK students go to the US and Australia than to all 27 EU countries combined

Commonly thought of as an exchange programme allowing students to study abroad, we lift the lid on this vastly expensive youth indoctrination project.

• UK students using Erasmus+ to study abroad : only 9,615
  • Non-UK students using Erasmus+ to study in UK : 18,702
  • Almost twice as many EU27 students benefit, compared to UK students
  • Erasmus+ is “the EU's programme to support education, training, youth and sport in Europe,” says the EU Commission.

This new version of Erasmus started in 2014, with a 40% increase in funding and a significant increase in its scope. It is now set to double on top of that.

Erasmus funds and “promotes – among other things – good governance, social inclusion, the fight against racism, dual careers, and physical activity for all.”

1/3rd of the budget goes on “partnerships and reforms of the education and youth sectors”

https://facts4eu.org/news/2020_jan_erratic_libdems_on_erasmus#

If you choose to have children then you and your partner have  made that lifestyle choice

If you and your partner want to fund your children in further education or university once again that your lifestyle choice so you should fund it not the Uk taxpayer

I see you’ve found Google.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
12 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

You are of course entitled to interpret my posts as you wish.

If I feel the need to react to your future posts, I will do it.

I hope you will do the same.

After all this is the purpose of a forum.

It is but I believe in the truth, saying the truth and if making a mistake admitting it.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I see you’ve found Google.

If free university fees is important to you , you could make another lifestyle choice relocated to Scotland or the EU I think you have to be there for 6 months

University is free in Scotland, but only if you're a student from Scotland or the EU. If that's you, you won't pay a penny towards tuition fees at Scottish universities – the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) will cover the £1,820 a year for you.

This also means that if you're a Scottish or EU student but you aren't eligible for the fees waiver for whatever reason, you'll still get a much cheaper deal than you would if you studied elsewhere in the UK.

https://www.savethestudent.org/student-finance/finance-system-for-scottish-students.html#:~:text=Is university free in Scotland%3F,-Credit%3A Paramount Pictures&text=University is free in Scotland,1%2C820 a year for you.

All found thats to Google 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

yes, I am disappointed at @vinny41

I think you really need to get some information 

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/dec/24/uk-students-lose-erasmus-membership-in-brexit-deal

yep one year in London with Erasmus transformed my life, you can say that. Some here even think I'm British, a thing I find quite flattering 🙂

back on topic: now for the sunlit uplands

this is pure <deleted>, there are many such programs already

and this new program is outbound only: selected UK students will leave and bring their skills to European/world labs, but most importantly no inbound talented students will feed UK higher education and research 

so this is a recipe for a self "brain drain" the UK will bleed out its best young minds who have received advanced training in the UK...

I see the EU had grand plans to double the budget of their Erasmus program  from 14.7 billion euros to 30 billion wonder the EU was keen that the UK  to retain Erasmus membership.

As everyone knows the EU never reduces its budget or scales back it grandeur plans even when they lose a major player  so I guess the remaining 27 members will have to pick up the extra cost

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/budget-may2018-erasmusplus_en_0.pdf

• Thanks 1