UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

People with any sense will count the days they have already been in a certain Country and if they have reached the limit, they will not try and go to that Country again .

I'll type slowly.

I was not being serious. 

I cannot take politicians or politics seriously. I subscribe to the Billy Connelly idea. 'Don't vote for them, it only encourages them'

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Maybe you don't notice the tariffs that are applied to many goods from outside the EU? You'd probably notice the 31% import duty you'd have to pay on something like a Harley Davidson if you wished to purchase one. Maybe you don't run a SME that struggles with the protectionist barriers that have been put up to create difficulties dealing with customers and suppliers from outside the single market?

In terms of a direct tax on EU citizens, it will be a few more years before the EU has those types of powers so you can look forward to that. The British no longer need to concern themselves with such centralization and federalism.

I understand that, however it is rare that a man in the street buy a Harley, rare that he runs a S.M.E..

Furthermore I am convinced that the E.U. not only create negative rules, there must be also positive ones for the ones running a SME, or/and for those able to buy a Harley, and for the rest of us.

There may be a day when the E.U. will impose direct taxes.

As per now this must be catalogued as speculations.

Some will pretend it is a copycat of "Project Fears".

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So what you are saying and what many of all know the EU is not a democracy. You can't vote them out. Another great reason that the UK has left the EU.

EU officials are elected every 5 years, how long between votes in the UK, 5 years?

"great reason" can hardly be valid logic.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I guess the happiest person in the UK this morning, must be the Queen.........she has got all her sovereignty back.........heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Doubt it , she has last the vast subsidies the E.U paid her to not grow crops on her land .

The E.U wanted to keep the price of crops high and paid land owners NOT to produce any crops

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it's time to lean back and enjoy the show. Let's look how Boris and his supporters will handle the next months and years. I am sure it will be funny to watch from outside how they made their lives worse.

Typo.....'our' lives worse.....'they' will never admit to anything getting worse......they are on their way to the sunny uplands remember?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Doubt it , she has last the vast subsidies the E.U paid her to not grow crops on her land .

The E.U wanted to keep the price of crops high and paid land owners NOT to produce any crops

But one of the key promises Boris made was that all the EU subsidies currently enjoyed would continue but will now be at the UK tax payers expense......is that no longer the case?

• Confused 1

Just to go back to the 90/180 rule.

The vast majority who go to the EU will have a 2/3/4 week holiday once a year so the 90/180 will have no effect on them.

The ones who have a property in say Spain and like to do 6/6 month will be ok if it goes on Jan/Dec timing.

If it is any 6 months then they might look at a visa system for that case.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Just to go back to the 90/180 rule.

The vast majority who go to the EU will have a 2/3/4 week holiday once a year so the 90/180 will have no effect on them.

The ones who have a property in say Spain and like to do 6/6 month will be ok if it goes on Jan/Dec timing.

If it is any 6 months then they might look at a visa system for that case.

They have the same system in Turkey , now some people will do 3 months Turkey, 3months Uk 3 months Turkey , 3 months UK

If they want to do a 6 month say April through to October they normally apply for a resident permit which is also available in EU countries

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it's time to lean back and enjoy the show. Let's look how Boris and his supporters will handle the next months and years. I am sure it will be funny to watch from outside how they made their lives worse.

Due to the fallout from Covid , and the need to balance the books , UK, like the rest of the World will be in for a difficult few years

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vogie said:

The biggest thanks must go to Nigel Farage for without him tirelessly working for forty years to get us out of the EU none of this might not have happened, not forgetting the likes of Lord Frost and of course the inimitable Boris himself. 

As one source said 'Soubry, Gina Millar, Tony Blair and Alistair Campbell, "your boys took one hell of a beating tonight"

And to quote George Gallaway "Key aspect for me is that we get an opt-out of the Eurovision Song Contest," another corrupt organisation.

Merry Christmas everybody. Ho Ho Ho.

Sir Nigel in the New Years Honours list...? 

(& before the 'Rhubarb'ers pounce I of course realise it doesn't happen that quickly and that he might not accept even if it did. Merry Christmas all! ????)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hi from France said:

Although we did reach a climax, there are still many deals to be made in the coming months/years, we just mentioned the criminal/terrorist database the UK just lost access to (but not before hacking the entire base, not very gentlemanly)

Could you provide some evidence to that ?

Or was you referring to the E.U in Brussels being the criminals the UK has lost access to ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

How embarrassingly  immature , both for the singer and the listeners .

Just some people trying to make a profit by releasing a song and trying to make it a hit with all profits going into their pockets

You avoided the question of popularity.

8 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

They have the same system in Turkey , now some people will do 3 months Turkey, 3months Uk 3 months Turkey , 3 months UK

If they want to do a 6 month say April through to October they normally apply for a resident permit which is also available in EU countries

It is by no means as easy as it sounds applying for a resident permit.....the bureaucracy is a nightmare, fines abound if you don't know the intricate little laws and declarations that have to be made ......this is going to be another nice little earner for the lawyers.

Edited by Surelynot