UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

I see the EU had grand plans to double the budget of their Erasmus program  from 14.7 billion euros to 30 billion wonder the EU was keen that the UK  to retain Erasmus membership.

As everyone knows the EU never reduces its budget or scales back it grandeur plans even when they lose a major player  so I guess the remaining 27 members will have to pick up the extra cost

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/budget-may2018-erasmusplus_en_0.pdf

Boris said it's being replaced with something better that enables people to study in places worldwide including in the ????????.

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

You only need to get about 100 000 sales/downloads to get to Number 1 in the charts .

Hardly makes it popular , with 50 million odd people NOT buying/downloading the song 

If it has sold the most....by definition it is popular...surely?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Well as already mentioned Boris was not leaving with out a deal which no doubt will <deleted> off quite a few Brexit leavers

Who don't care about the hit the country would have taken jobs wise plus a low pound ect

Accept the deal is done let's get on with it look forward to a prosperous New Year 2021

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I see you are now replying to my posts. Still didn't get an apology.

Anyway the UK has left the EU. It seems there has been a compromise.

So you and the other EU lovers will be happy.

I feel there are difficult times ahead for the EU.

Said the tail about the dog.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

If this is the case it will blow their 'no new agreements since 1981' out of the water. Lets hope HMG finally correct the 'frozen' fiasco at the same time. I can't really see how they can refuse any longer.

UK pensions in EEA countries always did get the yearly rise.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, evadgib said:

That has no relevance to my point.

Replied to wrong post Sorry.

I wouldn't hold my breath on it being changed to include more countries.

The excuse for a small rise next time and 'can't afford to include other countries' will be having to sort out the economy because so much has been borrowed/spent on Covid.

• Thanks 1

His (Johnson's) optimism contrasted with the expectations of the government’s own independent forecaster, the Office for Budget Responsibility, which expects Brexit to shave 4% off GDP in the medium term.

But of course this is easily discounted as being wrong/project fear/yet to be proved/don't agree/plain rubbish.

4%...who really cares?

Screen Shot 2563-12-25 at 05.15.48.png

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Where are you living? Thailand?

How about a complete break and going back to the UK? Forever. No holiday to any other country anymore. And don't you dare to buy anything from those foreigners. Enjoy your sovereignty!

That doesn't even begin to make sense. You can't go to another country in the world if your home country is not a member of the EU? What is your home country?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

independent forecaster, the Office for Budget Responsibility, which expects Brexit to shave 4% off GDP in the medium term.

Are these the same forecasters who predicted a 10% contraction of the UK economy if Brexit passed or different ones? It seems like "operation fear" is still not dead.

• Thanks 1