UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

1 hour ago, Hi from France said:

The Guardian asked four people for their thoughts, with some pleased and others not.

Which one do you feel the closest to? 

• ‘It’s a complete failure’ Charles Turner from Leamington Spa, a sociology lecturer “This deal is a complete failure, it’s very simple. We won’t grow as fast as the rest of Europe, and I think by the first half of 2022, we’ll realise we’ll need a much closer relationship with the EU

• ‘I voted to leave and I’m pleased’ Ken Thompson, 75, from the east Midlands, who used to work for the military (..)  is happy about the deal but remains sceptical about the implications of Brexit, despite having voted for it. 

• ‘It’s no better than Theresa May’s deal’ Charles Lea, 73, from Lancashire, is exasperated. “This deal is a complete and an utter sellout. Right now, we’re still in the EU

• ‘I’m glad a no-deal was avoided, but I weep silently’ Teresa Curtis, 64, from Stockport, a retired midwife, health visitor and university lecturer, is glad a deal has been reached, but has strong reservations.“Whilst I certainly did not relish a no-deal scenario, I cannot see any benefit to the UK within this agreement.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/25/a-step-forward-or-a-failure-britons-react-to-the-brexit-deal

None of the above,but if i can quote the late,great jimmy cltheroe "it,ll be alright on the night ".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Its extremely restricted for foreigners to work  in Thailand .

You can only work in Jobs that Thais cannot do .

Why shouldn't it be the same in the UK ?

Not the point I was making. 

You said “cannot” not “is restricted”. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Hi from France said:

says nothing? Anyone can brief us on Gibraltar? I though Spain would block a deal if they didn't get their way.

Did Boris dodge the bullet on that one ?

They intend to have a referendum among the resident barbary apes.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

If you cannot do something , that means its restricted .

Please dont tell me that you teach English? 

No, that is not what “cannot” means. 

Restricted means there are restrictions but it is possible. 

Cannot means it is not possible. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No, that is not what “cannot” means. 

Restricted means there are restrictions but it is possible. 

Cannot means it is not possible. 

Working in Thailand in numerous jobs , the vast majority of jobs is restricted to Thais only , which means its not possible for foreigners to do those jobs .

Can foreigners work in 7/11 . Can foreigners serve drinks/work in bars that they own ?

Nope, cannot/restricted 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

We, foreigners in Thailand cannot own land , cannot work at any job , need to have an income , need to jump through numerous ever changing hoops to get visas  , yes, we dont like that, that the way it is .

Thailand protects itself from foreigners , why shouldnt the UK do likewise ?

Very important question, when you know Brexiteers used to obsess about fish swimming 300 kilometers away from the Scottish coast. 

Do you know how much of the country is owned by oligarchs, corporations and bankers? I'm not talking about a faraway sea 300 km away, but about Englands mountains green. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/12/25/pressure-builds-boris-johnson-allow-scrutiny-eu-uk-deal/

Pressure builds on Boris Johnson to allow more scrutiny of EU-UK deal

'A Treaty is for decades, not just for Christmas'

By Lucy Fisher, Deputy Political Editor 25 December 2020 • 6:54pm

Pressure is growing on Boris Johnson to delay Parliament’s ratification of the UK-EU trade deal until next month and allow Tory Brexiteers sufficient time to scrutinise the legal text....

Its Christmas and the New Year . 

Time to take a break and get on with it in a few weeks time .

Lets all have a break from it and continue in January 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

Very important question, when you know Brexiteers used to obsess about fish swimming 300 kilometers away from the Scottish coast. 

Do you know how much of the country is owned by oligarchs, corporations and bankers? I'm not talking about a faraway sea 300 km away, but about Englands mountains green. 

You kind of sound like Europeans wanting to take over the UK .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

Right on what britain needs is a revoulution,any ideas where we can pick up a guillotine cheap?

19 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Its Christmas and the New Year . 

Time to take a break and get on with it in a few weeks time .

Lets all have a break from it and continue in January 

Looking to your activity record ...you are quit buzzy now ....Christmas time ...????

Why should our side "mute " ...????

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Right on what britain needs is a revoulution,any ideas where we can pick up a guillotine cheap?

In the basements from Brussels Justice court is one stored ...

But i think In France Macron would be also very generous to borrow Britain one of theirs ...????

????

8 minutes ago, david555 said:

Looking to your activity record ...you are quit buzzy now ....Christmas time ...????

Why should our side "mute " ...????

No need to get personal , but as you ask , I've had quite a pleasant last few days with my Chinese/Thai Uni going Female freind  .

Shes Buddhist, so , not really into Christmas  , anyway , lets get back on topic 

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

No need to get personal , but as you ask , I've had quite a pleasant last few days with my Chinese/Thai Uni going Female freind  .

Shes Buddhist, so , not really into Christmas  , anyway , lets get back on topic 

I just got as personal as you in my reply ....was even not so meant ...was just pointing out the contradiction in it ...

Nice to hear you have other "activity " than Brexit . ????

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kingdong said:

Right on what Britain needs is a revolution ideas where we can pick up a guillotine cheap?

maybe if you need to take a look at the land registry 

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

You kind of sound like Europeans wanting to take over the UK .

the EU will end up with 30% of faraway fish quotas, for me this is minor. I think Boris should have given more to get the EU energy market and a deal on Services. A few additional fish quotas had a lot of value for the EU, little value for the UK.

The day you know how much of your "real", physical country belongs to private or shell corporations and oligarchs, maybe you can decide to take it back. But you do not even want to know, do you?

Your are so much more interested in fish ????

Edited by Hi from France
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1