Lockdown Activity Noted Nonthaburi

tonray

Apparently the operators of some coffee shops and a few sit down places have either been told or taken it upon themselves to shut off in place dining.

This is a pic from the local Amazon Cafe in Bang Yai. No in restaurant seating allowed...same as in the first wave lockdown. This looks like it might be a stealth lockdown on the way

85468.jpg.a872cf56a3c31fe9afa40b73cf07282a.jpg

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Apparently the operators of some coffee shops and a few sit down places have either been told or taken it upon themselves to shut off in place dining.

This is a pic from the local Amazon Cafe in Bang Yai. No in restaurant seating allowed...same as in the first wave lockdown. This looks like it might be a stealth lockdown on the way

85468.jpg.a872cf56a3c31fe9afa40b73cf07282a.jpg

Thanks for the heads up.  I will be there tomorrow.  Thinking about stocking up on beer.  Thankfully psycho girl is leaving me alone, and it is now safe to have more than two beers in my condo.  I will check out the Amazon Cafe by Pibul 3 Pier and report back. 

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Nonthaburi is considered a orange zone so there may be restrictions that do not apply at other provinces.

This area has many workers from Myanmar who work in several textile (clothing) factories in the area,vwhich may explain the zoning.

1 minute ago, tonray said:

This area has many workers from Myanmar who work in several textile (clothing) factories in the area,vwhich may explain the zoning.

It also has an unusually high number of residents, who commute out of the province on a daily basis.  It is also home to the Ministry of Public Health for the entire country. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moontang said:

Nonthaburi is a yellow zone according to this morning's BP. 

Each district may be restricting activity on their own. I am going out and about today, will report what, if anything, is shut down or closed

Strolled thru Santiphap park in Bangkok and they have cordoned off the exercise area again. I hope this doesn't mean gyms will be shuttered now. Have to check my Moobaan gym when I get back to Nonthaburi later.

Edited by tonray

I just came back from Patts, via the airport, the ARL, and the 97 bus.  Got off at Nonthaburi Market... business as usual, there, the number of mask wearers has been on the decline for a while.  But, they were checking temps at Tesco Express for the first time in a few months, then, I got to my condo and there are a few new notices in the elevator, even one in English telling people to mask in the elevator.. but no temp checks in the lobby.. It is kind of quiet here, this time of year, anyways, as we have a lot of students, who must go to family on any holidays.

• Like 1