Missing sequin -- where to find?

Trujillo

You could check Wua Lai Road, just south of Pratu Chiang Mai. They have a lot of jeweler shops there as you keep walking South. Might find something there. You need to come during the day time though and not on a Sunday. Today it has the Saturday market there. 

if this is not a cheap piece ... it's tarnished silver, not base metal, stones are not CZ (cubic zirconia), or glass, etc, ... i know a competent jeweler can repair/restore it. 

PM me.

cheers, ~o:37;

On 12/26/2020 at 10:35 AM, JingerBen said:

Google:  lookpud shop chiang mai.

"Look paht" means "bead" in Thai and this shop has everything imaginable for making costume jewelery.

Wonderful place.

Totally agree.

That shop is fascinating, a great place to browse around.

You could get tricked out like a 1920s flapper and do it on the cheap.

• Haha 2

It is an old piece, probably from the 50s or 60s from Japan. It's a jewelry/music box that plays Swan Lake when you open it. There is a cool Spirograph thing that spins as the song plays. The sticker on the outside in Japanese says that there is a doll included, which is long gone. 

Just part of my eclectic collection of old Japanese artifacts (and more often, souvenirs Japanese purchased decades ago). 

• Like 1

If you look closely, it appears that one of the prongs holding the missing red stone is gone.  This is what happened to the setting for my missing pave diamond.  If you want to go the cheap route and replace it with something from Chiang Mai Plastic, then you'll need to hold it in place with super glue.

I suggest you take it to Sharaz for a look-see to determine if it is a piece of value.  The store is very close to Chiang Mai Plastic, so that can be you next stop if the owner at Sharaz says it's just junk.

• Like 1