Long term hotel - monthly rates deals?

Meanies

I need to stay in Bangkok for about 2 months, down from Chiang Mai. I've found all the usual serviced apartments and looked at AirBNB but prices still seem to be pretty high.

I keep hearing that hotels are offering some excellent monthly rate deals at the moment but I don't know how to find them.  Does anyone know of any they could share?  Ideally looking around Phrom Phong area.  Thanks!

1 minute ago, dabhand said:

A number of possibles come up on a google search. As an example, maybe a bit away from your preferred location and possibly budget issue:

https://www.novotelsuitesbangkoksukhumvit34.com/offers/special-price-for-monthly-rate/

Lol, you plaster a confused face and then you post links with 50 thousand baht a month while the OP says he finds airbnb too expensive.

Confused face right back at ya

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thanks all!  I'm hoping to keep it around 20,000 / month, inclusive of water and electricity.  Saw some rooms for less than that but they were extremely small and basic.

Really appreciate the replies!  Any other suggestions are very welcome!

3 minutes ago, Meanies said:

Thanks all!  I'm hoping to keep it around 20,000 / month, inclusive of water and electricity.  Saw some rooms for less than that but they were extremely small and basic.

Really appreciate the replies!  Any other suggestions are very welcome!

There's a place around Soi 4 at 15 k a month and 6 to 8 k a month around Thonglor. Try a teachers forum. Start phoning hotels directly.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Smelg said:

There is a place on sukhumvit road in Thonglor near soi 38 that has nightly rooms for 700 baht and monthly rooms start at 7,000 to 9,000 ..I stayed on a 3 month lease and got my 8500 deposit back..its called Sk Tower ..BTS Thonlor 2 minute walk..have a minimart ,wash clothes and a bar onsite ..many farangs ,,mostly Japanese but nice safe place to stay...check out SK TOWER on google..the rooms also have dozens of good english tv ,,fridge,,balcony for smokers.....

Very good info. Tx

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Lol, you plaster a confused face and then you post links with 50 thousand baht a month while the OP says he finds airbnb too expensive.

Confused face right back at ya

I  qualified my response rather than your initial response which was clearly totally unhelpful and incorrect. As a later poster showed. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, dabhand said:

I  qualified my response rather than your initial response which was clearly totally unhelpful and incorrect. As a later poster showed. 

No you posted no deals at all and it is your post that is grossly unhelpful. 

My first post was 100% correct. 

There was 1 hotel that was offering crazy discounts, eastin makkasan which had a dozen or so 72sqm rooms for as low as 10,000 a month. That deal was snapped up within 1 day. 

The "deals" you posted from novotel are no deals at all as their daily rate is around 1000 baht, yet you post a "deal" for the same room at 30,000 baht a month. 

Perhaps your idea of a "crazy deal" is different than mine. 

Edited by Pravda

Cash is king, esp in hard times....Almost any place gives a decent discount for min 3 months..may be cheaper to get a 3 month, even if you only use it for 2...the longer you stay the cheaper is the rule..deposit could be an issue

With airbnb you can bail if it sucks and no deposit scams to possibly deal with...all inclusive and insured...

Also Ive found listings on airbnb and then found the actual place and worked out a deal, as Ive seen hotels Ive stayed in monthly listed on airbnb for much higher rates and walked in a got a much cheaper deal in person

If you know a thai have them call for rates then show up to claim it, works  better if you have them with you...

Check facebook as many thais rent places and can find some deals..I just use a FB burner acct I made to search

Example my apt in Cm is 3500 a month for 3+ months..if I got the same room for ONE month its 5000......

Just takes time to hunt down the right place..maybe a temp airbnb if you need more time to find the right spot

• Thanks 1

We stayed recently at the LaSalle Serviced Apartments in a 2 bed and 2 bath apartment for 19,500B.  Electric is 5B and water is I believe 14B.  Flat screen TV, internet and cable included. Also washing machine in room and full kitchen. Room cleaning once a week is included.

93 Building Soi 93 Sukhumvit in walking distance from BTS Bangchak. Serviced condo with kitchen, shower, TV, Microwave, kettle. Price around B7,000 per month. An Aussie mate has stayed there every year for yonks. Owners also own Sky Beach Pattaya.

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2020 at 8:43 AM, ChakaKhan said:

Cash is king, esp in hard times....Almost any place gives a decent discount for min 3 months..may be cheaper to get a 3 month, even if you only use it for 2...the longer you stay the cheaper is the rule..deposit could be an issue

With airbnb you can bail if it sucks and no deposit scams to possibly deal with...all inclusive and insured...

Also Ive found listings on airbnb and then found the actual place and worked out a deal, as Ive seen hotels Ive stayed in monthly listed on airbnb for much higher rates and walked in a got a much cheaper deal in person

If you know a thai have them call for rates then show up to claim it, works  better if you have them with you...

Check facebook as many thais rent places and can find some deals..I just use a FB burner acct I made to search

Example my apt in Cm is 3500 a month for 3+ months..if I got the same room for ONE month its 5000......

Just takes time to hunt down the right place..maybe a temp airbnb if you need more time to find the right spot

Better off staying in Pattaya nice peaceful place you can Rent a nice Fully Furnished 36Sq Condo Sea View  for $300,00 Us per month Condo has many Extras Ac in all Rooms with Fans, Fold up beds if you have a Visitor.

Condo 800 Meters fron Jomtiem  Beach many watering Holes to keep you Fresh, Call 096 084 0851 n No Broker or Middle man, Talk direct to the Owner, "Happy New Year"

Living Room 1.jpg

Condo bedroom  819.jpg

Dining Room 819.jpg

Toilet 6.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2020 at 9:30 PM, Meanies said:

I keep hearing that hotels are offering some excellent monthly rate deals at the moment but I don't know how to find them.

Some hotels have joined RetHub as monthly "short term" room rentals. I know some in Chiang Mai, check the RentHub out. You shall find something in Bangkok. Good luck.

• Like 1

I have recently stayed at The 4 star Key Premier Hotel on 3 separate occasions and their deals have been very good. Normally 4000tbh for a nice room for 2 people, I stayed the night of the 27th December, the last time for 999tbh.They have a really nice pool on the roof and a well equipped gym, nice staff, great air con and clean rooms. I'm sure they would do a great deal on a long term stay.

On 12/26/2020 at 9:48 PM, Pravda said:

You heard wrong. 

There was only two hotels and that deal was booked and gone in a day - literally. 

I'm sure one of the struggling guest houses could give you a deal, but make sure you

get the government rate for electric bills, some will charge you about double.

On 12/26/2020 at 10:04 PM, Smelg said:

There is a place on sukhumvit road in Thonglor near soi 38 that has nightly rooms for 700 baht and monthly rooms start at 7,000 to 9,000 ..I stayed on a 3 month lease and got my 8500 deposit back..its called Sk Tower ..BTS Thonlor 2 minute walk..have a minimart ,wash clothes and a bar onsite ..many farangs ,,mostly Japanese but nice safe place to stay...check out SK TOWER on google..the rooms also have dozens of good english tv ,,fridge,,balcony for smokers.....

Just watch you don't get done with the electric bill, it should be about 4Bt per unit.

14 hours ago, The Theory said:

Some hotels have joined RetHub as monthly "short term" room rentals. I know some in Chiang Mai, check the RentHub out. You shall find something in Bangkok. Good luck.

Confirmed i use them to scope out places and then go check in person.....good site

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2020 at 10:04 PM, Smelg said:

Wow, looks great. A few years ago I paid that much for a place on On Nut that was a dump.