Thai hospital banned from offer to sell COVID-19 vaccine

Jonathan Fairfield

8 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

No. Because a  doctor can prescribe a drug for off label use does not make it appropriate for patient. That is why there are regulators. We have opioid crisis in much of the western world because doctor handed out opioids like candy. Countries like Thailand give antibiotic out easy and now we have super infections. If all doctors  were honest and capable we would not have medical errors or wrongful prescriptions.

regulators cannot take decisions on how to treat a patient.

doctors make that decision, it's their responsibility. they decide what is appropriate treatment for a patient.

doctors can be overruled by higher ranking doctors in their hospital or by the patient getting a second opinion.

if doctors didn't follow the protocol, regulators can question their choices and sanction them.

it's better to let doctors decide first and sometimes make mistakes and then in case of a problem sanction or regulate them later rather than preventing them from doing their job in the first place.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, tgw said:

regulators cannot take decisions on how to treat a patient.

doctors make that decision, it's their responsibility. they decide what is appropriate treatment for a patient.

doctors can be overruled by higher ranking doctors in their hospital or by the patient getting a second opinion.

if doctors didn't follow the protocol, regulators can question their choices and sanction them.

it's better to let doctors decide first and sometimes make mistakes and then in case of a problem sanction or regulate them later rather than preventing them from doing their job in the first place.

Do you think the same about teachers, politicians, insurance sellers, second hand car dealers etc?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Don Chance said:

In 4-6 weeks clinic in the USA should have Moderna or Pfizer vaccine in stock. That means you can fly to Las Vegas and get a shot for $50. Go down to Mexico for 4 weeks come back and get you last shot.

There is no way you'll be able to fly to the US and get a jab.  Perhaps in May, but not in 4-6 weeks.  They are very strict there with regards to who get the jab. 

Some guy walked into a hospital and offered $25k for a jab.  He was turned away.

Not to mention that Mexico is not the best place to be right now...nor is the US.  One person is dying every 10 minutes from CV19 in California.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Which raises the question: Should some people be protected against themselves? Particularly, if they may cause damage to not just theirselves, but to others too?

The Mental Health Act covers most of that, in the UK.

7 minutes ago, dcnx said:

This is key. Tourism won’t recover unless there’s mass vaccinations in Thailand.

I think mass vaccinations in the rest of the world is more important.  Thailand has done pretty good with regards to controlling the virus.  Many other countries have failed miserably.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

They where planning to sell Moderna, which price will be 10 times more when ordering low quantities. So you are talking nonsense.

He wasn't talking nonsense, AstraZenica can be stored in the fridge so that the overheads are very low which makes it a cheap vaccine. However, the article was talking about Moderna, which I assume has to be stored at very low temperatures, which bumps up the selling price. Nothing like the hospital were hoping to charge though.

16 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Prioritised ?.............That is easy.............Your Government Generals first, along with Families. Then you have the Hi So /Chinese Descendant entourage which includes all the big business, The Armed Farces, Then the "Do you know who I am" Brigade in all local Governments...........Queue ? .........Queue.....? The only queue here will be the remaining lower class people.

That scenario will not only be apparent here though. I also will be part of the lower hanging fruit so I can observe how effective it is, and what side effects may or may not become apparent.

You forgot farang at back of the line.

• Haha 1

Thailand should quickly approve the two vaccines and start vaccinating.  

For me speaking honestly given that I must travel to California in March I would gladly pay for the vaccine in Feb to be protected before having to venture into Covidland and then return to Thailand for a two week hotel quarantine 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jesimps said:

He wasn't talking nonsense, AstraZenica can be stored in the fridge so that the overheads are very low which makes it a cheap vaccine. However, the article was talking about Moderna, which I assume has to be stored at very low temperatures, which bumps up the selling price. Nothing like the hospital were hoping to charge though.

And the Government are expecting people to cooperate in killing the virus.