Anyone's crystal ball say when Covid 60 day extensions will be discontinued?

Don't hate me folks for another Covid extension question and another unanswerable query regarding the future. We all have our unique situations and must act accordingly. I am on a Covid extension at the moment (ends Jan. 26) because my wife was not well a month ago to get the O extension based on marraige and she is still not well and possibly won't be able to go to immigration (by Jan. 26). Another Covid extension would buy us more time for her to convalesce. Anyone know anything? I would think it would continue seeing how bad things are around the world, at least past my next due date (Jan. 26).

thank you

Oh well that's wonderful news. Thank you, Joe. And just to double check: the Covid extension is not limited to just 1? This will be my second. Is a week prior to the expiration of the current visa too early to go (with the new extension starting on the date the previous one expires)? That would give me some time to scramble if for some reason it was refused.

Thanks much as always.

21 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

And just to double check: the Covid extension is not limited to just 1? This will be my second. Is a week prior to the expiration of the current visa too early to go (with the new extension starting on the date the previous one expires)? That would give me some time to scramble if for some reason it was refused.

There is no limit on how many extensions you can apply for.

It will depend upon the immigration office where you apply for the extension as to when the new extension will start. Some them on day you apply and other when you current one ends.

The good thing about this time is that you can apply until Jan 29th, giving you until March to see what happens.

This will be a less chaotic than when the amnesty was ending, as you will know the answer well before your visa expires.

This will allow everyone to properly plan their extensions if it is extended, or if it is indeed discontinued. 

Confirmed second Covid extension at CW yesterday using the TM7 and Affidavit forms (with the usual under consideration stamp).

60 days - 1900 baht

TM7 - Reason for Request (covid)

Affidavit form

STM2 form

Acknowledgement of Overstay Penalty form

Statement confirming Foreigner is staying at the residence form

Photocopy of your passport's info page

Photocopy of your passport's last entry to Thailand stamp/visa page

Photocopy of your passport's last stamped page

Photocopy of TM6 stub

Photocopy of residence owner ID (signed by owner)

Photocopy of the Bluebook info page

CW hates the forests and trees, but requirements seem to differ between offices.

Archived