Ayutthaya 24 hr car repair - Great Experience

CrunchWrapSupreme

Me and the fam headed upcountry for the holiday. Bro in law had been putting off a noticeable vibration from a rear wheel, which now became metal grinding. Bad wheel bearing. This happened in Ayutthaya on our way out of BKK, on Phahonyohtin Rd, past the big Lotus and Big C distribution centers.

We popped into a rather unimpressive looking mess of shacks and beat up cars, with a sign which read in Thai "Air Dynamo", meaning air con and alternator service. They got the wheel and all the parts off, which took a bit of effort. They then sent a guy away looking for the part. The hours dragged on and then we got a call, they couldn't find it. We'd have to spent the night.

One of the guys drove us to a sleazy "resort", little houses for lonely truck drivers and dissatisfied husbands to take their mia nois. Heh. But there was no extra charge. His old car, a former taxicab, starting beeping away because of low fuel. He had to run to the gas station, but didn't hit us up for cash.

In the morning we headed back and they got the part. The damage? 2000 baht. Not bad I suppose. No drama, no crazy stories about this and that, some crazy emergency BS that needs to be done, that I was accustomed to in the US. Just quick, friendly service, aside from having to fetch the part, through which we talked to their family, and played with their pets.