Thailand could see tens of thousands of new daily COVID cases by next month: CCSA

snoop1130

19 hours ago, ukrules said:

It's strange that they've decided to go down this route of allowing the virus to spread en masse all over the country.

Still, what do I care, it's their country - they can do what they want.

No bud .. They had it under control ... It’s the new strain that has been spread by the dirty non showering Falangs that are not allowed to enter the country but who sneak in to visit certain fish markets 

their figures were always a joke “;0) And yes they will always do what they want .. Screw the hand that fed them

19 hours ago, ukrules said:

It's strange that they've decided to go down this route of allowing the virus to spread en masse all over the country.

not with me in it they can't

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Millcx said:

55555 Yes they can 555555

Yes of course, my post was only rhetorical. We can do nothing really, my son goes to school, we shop at Tescos, In the middle of January I have a dentist appointment with a dentist who works every weekend in Bangkok, the opportunities to get infected are numerous and largely beyond our control, causality is the master.

31 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Here's one from the "first wave" showing an anomaly.

Coronavirus-What-is-the-true-death-toll-of-the-pandemic-BBC-News.png.f2aa662a3a195469775103c946168fc1.png

BBC report using data from Thailand Department of Provincial Administration. Where to find up to date data on the DOPA site who knows.

Thanks for this.  I remember this data and also that it was said (someone said,...) to be not statistically significant because data varies year to year and month to month due to several factors.

Like you, I have no idea where to find the actual data. I have looked.  OTH, the NYT and another US source said there was no excess. Excess deaths were also high in late 2019 presumably from natural variation. 

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ukrules said:

I really dont think its a case of them deciding to allow the Virus to spread.

I think its more a case of they are overwhelmed , and have no idea what to do

Allowing tens of thousands of people to Travel freely over the New Year period is pure insanity IMO

• Thanks 1

Most of the new infections were discovered in Rayong (56 cases), where  the province has been put under the strictest measures in a bid to contain the spread of the virus. 

Elsewhere, new cases were reported in Bangkok (19), Nakhon Pathom (18), Chonburi (6), Samut Prakan (5), Nonthaburi (3), Nakhon Nayok (2), Pathum Thani (2), Chiang Mai, Lopburi, Samut Sakhon and Sukhothai (1 each)

Figures of the number of 'Testings' are not exactly 'brandished' about by the Thai Authorities.

Were the above cases purely close contacts of known infected persons? Are the masses being randomly tested?  Will the testing in Rayong be widespread now due to the 54 cases whom, no doubt, would have spread themselves around a bit?

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

I really dont think its a case of them deciding to allow the Virus to spread.

I think its more a case of they are overwhelmed , and have no idea what to do

Allowing tens of thousands of people to Travel freely over the New Year period is pure insanity IMO

They did a lockdown before, right now they're choosing not to do one.

That's a very clear and deliberate choice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ukrules said:

They did a lockdown before, right now they're choosing not to do one.

That's a very clear and deliberate choice.

So what would you think is the rational behind such thinking.

Is it just to get the Cash Registers ringing over New Year 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looks like they are going with the Sweeden model, and not a good looking tall big breasted gal I may add.

The latter would be more beneficial than the former..... You could die happy. 

You guys can argue all you like, the fact is that the headline of this topic will almost certainly become a fact - Thailand most likely will have tens of thousands of new daily cases soon.

Rule breakers are exist in every country and as long as the conspiracy therorists and anti vaxers are allowed to spread their messages, their numbers will increase.

Just as a virus needs to continue infecting people to survive, the conspiracy theorists and anti vaxers need people to listen.

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2020 at 5:59 PM, snoop1130 said:

Thailand could see tens of thousands of new daily COVID cases by next month: CCSA

This is plan and simply propaganda to try and solicit the response they feel will be best for the general population. Every government does this and has done this since governments have had media as a tool. IMO, In this case they’re  doing no harm and hopefully some will react by taking the advice of taking precautions. I fear it will not be enough... hope I am wrong.

Nonsense. It's scare tactics. They are totally taking advantage of the situation to prevent further civil unrest due to the political situation. This outbreak could not have come at a better time for this government. I'm sure they are embracing it! Now they can justify keeping the emergency decree in place, preventing  public gatherings and therefore any further protests. And it will work because there is nothing Thai people fear more than the invisible virus.

• Thanks 1

I don't believe this guy, the WHO said Thailand was number on and patted them on the back for handling the virus.

WHO is the pentacle in health related matters.

11 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

If ordered tomorrow 100 million doses won't arriving before June.

Meanwhile the government haven't approved the vaccines the west is using, and won't allow private hospitals to try to acquire it.

If they ordered the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine no way. Stocks of have been reserved/bought up by wealthy countries for the next few years as has been reported by major news organs.

On 12/29/2020 at 12:11 AM, ukrules said:

Donald Trump did this, we know the great one adores him. 

Seriously I would not put this past a move to stop protestors and retain power. 

Ultimate control of the population, soon to backfire, as business people will be angry at the crazed ones that pull the puppets strings. 

On 12/28/2020 at 12:48 PM, Golden Triangle said:

I'm not being alarmist but they really should have cancelled the new year, stop people travelling, stop the spread, too chuffing late now, 100's of thousands have left their provinces for the countryside, why are the government so bloody weak ? 

January is going to be the worst month of our lives so far, this bunch of muppets in charge should have grown some balls and banned all travel, allow people to shop for essentials & give adequate warnings of things like bars, restaurants, off licences (bottle shops) closures.

Gawd it's not difficult, don't send crack troops ( I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere) to fight kids, protect your borders and stop the travelling, chuffing dimwits.

Muppets are ruling in nearly every country. Look at Europe. 

On 12/29/2020 at 12:17 AM, longway said:

Not necessarily, there has been very low levels of deaths throughout asia and africa for some reason.

On the first, disgusting if you like, you are denying reality, we cant stop a virus, until a vaccine is found anyway, and the current vaccines dont stop anyone from getting infected, they minimise the impact of the virus on our health.

On illegal entry, as I said, its just not viable for a country like thailand, and you just proved my point.

Correct according to medical expert reports..the vaccine 'minimizes the symptons to the person who has the vaccine..but apparently they are still carrying it and can then still spread it to someone who has not been vaccinated!

On 12/28/2020 at 7:21 PM, rabas said:

I understand it's confusing between asymptomatic cases and asymptomatic when tested,  but I hope people stop repeating 90%. The number of true asymptomatic cases worldwide is widely reported as about 17% to 20%.  The other 80% eventually develop systems. 

Finally, someone who actually follows the science. The powers that be spread that lie around and people still believe it, even though multiple studies have shown that it is not true. A recent study out of London stated that asymptomatic cases are about 17% and of that 17%, 8% or 9% eventually develop symptoms, so the true number of asymptomatic cases according to this recent study is only 8% or 9%.