URGENT: Pattaya health officials want to trace anyone who attended these venues

webfact

URGENT: Pattaya health officials want to trace anyone who attended these venues

Untitled-1.jpg

Health officials in Pattaya have asked anyone who went to one of four venues in the city earlier this month and who has displayed flu symptoms or showed signs of a fever to get in touch. 

1. Thepprasit boxing stadium, Bang Lamung, Chonburi from 1 December 2563

2. Pattaya Provincial Court, Bang Lamung, Chonburi from 10 December 2563

3. LekHotel Pattaya line 2 district. Bang Lamung, Chonburi during the 10-13th December 2563, 17-20th December 2563 and 24-26th December 2563.

4. BONE PATTAYA, Phetcharakun Road, T. Na KlueaBang Lamung, Chonburi from 5 December 2563 at 23.00-03.00 And December 25th 2563 at 24.00-03.00 am

If anyone is found to have respiratory condition, fever, cough, sore throat, breathing difficulties over the last 14 days they should contact a doctor or call the Chonburi COVID-19 response centre, number below.

Emergency Response Centre, Infectious Disease, 2019 provinces, Chonburi. Phone 0-3811-9777

Source: We Love Pattaya

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-29

4 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Like most Farangs, many of  the Thais couldn't see the benefits....or couldn't be ar5ed.

I know of smart-<deleted> who signed in as Mickey Mouse..... If they contracted CV19 they will be Donald Ducked now as far as tracing is concerned.

I signed in as Lord Lucan

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Health officials in Pattaya have asked anyone who went to one of four venues in the city earlier this month and who has displayed flu symptoms or showed signs of a fever to get in touch.

Ohhhh traceability not working too well?

Relying on peoples memories or honesty to track down people, this isn't going to end well.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jip99 said:
14 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

So the Thai Chana app, where everyone leaves their contact details is a waste of space, or not used at many venues ?

Like most Farangs, many of  the Thais couldn't see the benefits....or couldn't be ar5ed.

I know of smart-<deleted> who signed in as Mickey Mouse..... If they contracted CV19 they will be Donald Ducked now as far as tracing is concerned.

AFAIK, the app doesn't ask for any personal information as it uses the anonymous data of your phones geolocation with respect to other registered phones. Even if you are unfortunate to catch it and change your status on the app, all the other Mickey Mouse's won't know exactly which infected Mickey Mouse they possibly shared infected space with, they will only know they were in your vicinity.

15 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

So the Thai Chana app, where everyone leaves their contact details is a waste of space, or not used at many venues ?

I wont use it as AIS are part of the app and it turns on mobile data if you don't have on already 

12 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

or possibly only one of these:-

What is an RF Frequency Synthesizer » Electronics Notes

Well the reality is signing one's name and scribbling a likely fake number isn't going to help tracking. Thai people seem mostly smart-phone mad, so it could cover the majority of the people and be a tracking aid. 

Most of those I see with the old style phone are sour old Expats. They really should be more involved considering they are likely in the high risk group. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, lesmac said:

I wont use it as AIS are part of the app and it turns on mobile data if you don't have on already 

Not sure how AIS can turn on mobile data if there's a TRUE or DTAC SIM in the phone. AFAIK, the app eesk permsiion to turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. If the user already has mobile data enabled on the phone but doesn't have a data package, then that's their mistake, not the telco or the app.

I don't think there's any way mobile data can be enabled OTA (over the air) on any phone by any carrier. I know from frequent threads on TV about disappearing baht on smartphone accounts that a fair amount of foreigners don't believe in RTFM (read the frigging manual).

Edited by NanLaew

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Not sure how AIS can turn on mobile data if there's a TRUE or DTAC SIM in the phone.

I don't think there's any way mobile data can be enabled OTA (over the air) on any phone by any carrier. I know from frequent threads on TV about disappearing baht on smartphone accounts that a fair amount of foreigners don't believe in RTFM (read the frigging manual).

I don't know but I have cancelled mobile data that I did not request 4 times already and it is back on again 400B a month

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Most of those I see with the old style phone are sour old Expats

Maybe so, but with due respect not me. I cannot use a smartphone due to finger injuries sustained during many years of involvement with football (soccer) which are now becoming arthritic. I can use key pads and that is why I have a computer and a 3G mobile phone. Small touch screens are impossible for me. At least whenever I go out to a bar or restaurant, I am usually in conversation with people and not sat like a dumb animal staring at a small screen. 

• Like 1

Quote:  3. LekHotel Pattaya line 2 district. Bang Lamung, Chonburi during the 10-13th December 2563, 17-20th December 2563 and 24-26th December 2563.

Based on the description above can anyone tell if this is the Lek hotel in north Pattaya on Naklua Rd,

or the Lek hotel in central Pattaya on 2nd Rd?

16 hours ago, OneZero said:

Quote:  3. LekHotel Pattaya line 2 district. Bang Lamung, Chonburi during the 10-13th December 2563, 17-20th December 2563 and 24-26th December 2563.

Based on the description above can anyone tell if this is the Lek hotel in north Pattaya on Naklua Rd,

or the Lek hotel in central Pattaya on 2nd Rd?

I took Line 2 to mean Second Rd. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 10:31 PM, NanLaew said:

AFAIK, the app doesn't ask for any personal information

If we are talking of the QR Code scanning thing it isn't really an App, it simply forwards you to a website and you can check-in or out of the place you are. First time you use it, it does ask for your phone number, so that could be personal information.