Video: Horror head on smash in Korat claims 4 lives as pick-up crosses lanes

webfact

18 hours ago, Crossy said:

That looks like a pretty new road, why no central barrier??

My thoughts exactly - its absolutely criminal that there is no central armco / barrier.

Perhaps, the road is so new the barrier has not yet been constructed - I know in the UK the ‘new road’ would not be opened for another year or more until the barrier was constructed - convenience vs safety, the UK and Thailand two countries at opposite ends of that spectrum.

A horrible waste of life. Videos such as this really make me consider the future here in Thailand when driving around with a child in my car. That said, in the UK we live in the countryside. B Roads, people driving at 60mph, closing speeds of 120kmh, passing each other with anywhere between half a meter and one meter. It's lethal, deadly, I’m always amazed at how few accidents there are and wonder if the same road existed in Thailand (tight, but fast country B Roads) would there be daily carnage.

25 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

My thoughts exactly - its absolutely criminal that there is no central armco / barrier.

We have a stretch of road near me that was built about 4 or 5 years ago, still no crash barrier most of the accidents seem to happen around the U-turns 

17 hours ago, DavisH said:

And you would stop? lol Unless you know first aid and cpr you would be next to useless. 

Yes I would...it's called having a heart. In some countries, it's an offence not to stop and offer assistance as one of the first vehicles on scene....but those are countries where road rules are mostly not ignored