C OF Residence

Badrabbit

B300 when I got one last Jan in Phuket Town.  A lot quicker with the address report in the back of the passport. The Colonel is absolutely right- the IOs do NOT charge a fee (the civvy girl next to him takes the money????). 

Might be worth changing the thread title to add Phuket Immigration to avoid the usual  irrelevant 'but here in.......................' replies.????

57 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

B300 when I got one last Jan in Phuket Town.  A lot quicker with the address report in the back of the passport. The Colonel is absolutely right- the IOs do NOT charge a fee (the civvy girl next to him takes the money????). 

Might be worth changing the thread title to add Phuket Immigration to avoid the usual  irrelevant 'but here in.......................' replies.????

Thanks, I'm just back from Immigration  super quiet and super quick, yep 300bht which I didn't have a problem with, very friendly happy girls doing the Certificate.

Transport office also super quick, got my appointment for Licence renewal.

1 hour ago, Somtamnication said:

Ditto. It was whispered to me 300b and I needed 2. 600b for a <deleted>ty piece of paper. Don't dare ask for a receipt!

I have always thought it should be a paid for service so never had a problem paying. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Ditto. It was whispered to me 300b and I needed 2. 600b for a <deleted>ty piece of paper. Don't dare ask for a receipt!

I needed to do both a Car and Bike license at the same time...

The Transport Office girl said to just get ONE , "C of R"  and show it to her and then I could photocopy it to attach to  the 2nd license application...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Thanks, I'm just back from Immigration  super quiet and super quick, yep 300bht which I didn't have a problem with, very friendly happy girls doing the Certificate.

did u question her, why 300 baht?  Friend of mine did his 2 weeks ago, the girl told him 300  an he asked her why, than she said , oh, nevermind an gave it to him for free

how far in advance is ur license renewal appt?

18 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

How many days right now between get appointment and the appointment at TO?

Have to renew also next month.

On 12/30/2020 at 8:33 AM, zaZa9 said:

I needed to do both a Car and Bike license at the same time...

The Transport Office girl said to just get ONE , "C of R"  and show it to her and then I could photocopy it to attach to  the 2nd license application...

This is correct, I paid for two the first time for my two licenses, the next time just got one and copied..., they accepted it (in fact the licence girl told me to do it this way the first time...????).

Last year also got one to buy a bike, then told the lady at DTL I give you a copy because I want to sell my old bike soon and need this. She took the original but wrote something on the copy and date, sign and stamp it officially, said if you sell your bike within a month can bring this copy and we accept it..., when I sold the bike it was never needed, in Phuket seller doesn't need to give CoR...., only buyer... (although someone said if the bike is from another province they ask for it from the seller too...!)

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday got my COR at immigration in 15 minutes. All easy. 

At the TO the forceps delivery started. No appoinment without proof of watched the training video external.

Did that today at Chotima DS. Got then finally the appointment at the TO in 5 weeks. Holly molly 5 weeks DL jam.

20210119_121132.jpg

At the TO the forceps delivery started. No appoinment without proof of watched the training video external.

Did that today at Chotima DS. Got then finally the appointment at the TO in 5 weeks. Holly molly 5 weeks DL jam.

ok; i'll bite;

What is TO ( transport office?) 

where is chotima DS>

so ur saying i need go to the university, watch the video than go to license office an make an appointment?

Is this for a 1, 2 or  5 year renewal? 

1 hour ago, zzzzz said:

ok; i'll bite;

What is TO ( transport office?) 

Yup.

1 hour ago, zzzzz said:

where is chotima DS>

77/3 Pra Phuket Kaew Road, Kathu

so ur saying i need go to the university, watch the video than go to license office an make an appointment?

Yup or at a driving school.

1 hour ago, zzzzz said:

Is this for a 1, 2 or  5 year renewal? 

5 year like me sure. 1 and 2 no plan.

ok so we can watch the video at a driving school?
what do they charge ya for that?  just show up?

\any idea when they show the video at the university?  do we need get there at 8:30

Thanks

1 hour ago, zzzzz said:

ok so we can watch the video at a driving school?
what do they charge ya for that?  just show up?

\any idea when they show the video at the university?  do we need get there at 8:30

Thanks

Yup. Chotima charged 200 baht. Need to be there at 7.50am. Was easy and smooth. Was alone and had compfy sofa with coffee.

Both ways you should give a call and make a reservation.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, schlog said:

Yup. Chotima charged 200 baht. Need to be there at 7.50am. Was easy and smooth. Was alone and had compfy sofa with coffee.

Both ways you should give a call and make a reservation.

tel for chotima?  speak english? where is it in Kathu ( beside just the address) like in relationship to the gas station..

44 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

tel for chotima?  speak english? where is it in Kathu ( beside just the address) like in relationship to the gas station..

Coming from Patong on the left into small soi after the big GMS Duty Free. Google maps have it. 

Don't know i only spoke thai with the girl there.

076 612 661-2

• Thanks 1