Weird Delivery

NE1

I have just had this package dropped off at my house.

It has my name , correct address and telephone number ,

and from the post code I see it has been sent from Chiang Mai.

I don't know who Goushop is , I cannot find them on Lazada , as Lazada is the only domestic online shopping I use.

Question . Can anybody read the address it came from in Chiang Mai ?

and why would anybody order a 5 baht pen and have it delivered by  a courier .

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 11.44.55.png

Edited by NE1

Are you a teacher? Do you use red pen to mark up papers.  Maybe if you are, then a former student who is dreaming of his/her past contacts with you as their teacher thinks you must need some more ink....lol

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 1

It roughly reads: 9 Soi Phatthanakan, Tambon Chan Phueak, Mueang Chiang Mai, Chaing Mai 503

If you run the tracking number it reveals only "Shop Chiang Mai" as the origin, it also says its a "Free Gift". 

Wonder if its something like the packets of seeds people were receiving in the US a while back.

“We have done some researching and it does appear that these seeds are tied with an online scam called ‘brushing’,” the Whitehouse Police Department in Ohio – one of the states where the packages reportedly have been sent – posted on Facebook. “A brushing scam is an exploit by a vendor used to bolster product ratings and increase visibility online by shipping an inexpensive product to an unwitting receiver and then submitting positive reviews on the receiver’s behalf under the guise of a verified owner.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/china-plant-seeds-mystery-us-homes

I see ChouDoufu posted too

Edited by Farma
  • Like 1

it's a five-star dealer scam.

somebody bought a list of actual purchasers of stuffs on the lazadas, including name and address and phone numbers.

they send cheap carp to the addresses so's they have proof of some item shipped.

the "verfied customer" names are then sold to new and lazy sellers setting up shop so's they can submit glowing recommendations and inflate their seller rating.

alternatively, the shippers set up new accounts with already high ratings to be sold to new sellers.

this was in the news last year when thousands of 'merkans were getting tiny packages of seeds.  me?  i got a 20-fen plastic comb by express delivery a couple weeks ago.

• Like 2

I vote for this being a “brushing scam,” as mentioned by a previous poster.

Potentially, now the vendor can mark you as a “verified customer” and boost their positive ratings.

As they say in the States, I bet you “a dollar to a donut” this is exactly what this grift is.

A few weeks ago we got a package that had some plastic utensil in it.  I have no idea what it was.  Maybe some sort of thing to apply cosmetics.

It also had my wife's name and correct address on the label.  It had a Lazada order number on it too, but it did not match any of the order numbers I had.

Just threw it away.

Somchai next door nervously peeks out the window, thru the curtains, realizing the mailman has mistakenly dropped off his "adult" videos he ordered online weeks ago.....after waiting patiently for this  day to arrive, he is once again reminded of how he now wished he had paid attention in putting the proper address on said package

Next weeks episode..Somchai orders kamagra online.. ????

Edited by ChakaKhan
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Somchai next door nervously peeks out the window, thru the curtains, realizing the mailman has mistakenly dropped off his "adult" videos he ordered online weeks ago.....after waiting patiently for this  day to arrive, he is once again reminded of how he now wished he had paid attention in putting the proper address on said package

Next weeks episode..Somchai orders kamagra online.. ????

Ah, so he ordered them on a 'pen drive' (aka USB stick).

• Haha 1