Where is reco place to buy gaming pc?

villageidiotY2K

Hi peeps, I would like to play battlefield 5, call of duty modern warfare. 

I see the reco spec below and am planning to get the highest spec as possible for future gaming's. 

https://www.callofduty.com/modernwarfare/pc

Other gamers out there can reco the place and specs? 

Afir gaming pc, I should look out for mainly cpu ghz (3.8ghz up? ) , graphics card memory and ram right? 

I don't play COD, but looking at that it was released last year, and then looking at the "recommended" specs, i would assume that it will run OK using low graphic settings with these specs, but if you want to enjoy nice graphics you won't be happy with these specs.

CPU wise either get the current Ryzen 5 3600, or the previous 2600 model, both offer good performance for their price.

RAM get 16GB

Graphics card is a bit difficult, Nvidia just released the RTX 3060 (not in Thailand yet though), this would probably be a good choice if your budget allows it and you can wait a bit.

If you hurry you could opt for the Nvidia RTX 2060, which is the last generation.

Alternatively go for the Nvidia GTX 1660, it's not the fastest, but somehow OK, and then you can upgrade later once the RTX 3060 is available here.

Or have a look at what AMD has to offer, maybe the RX5600 or 5700.

For the parts:

https://www.jib.co.th/

https://www.advice.co.th/

https://www.invadeit.co.th/

If you want the cheapest options you have to order across multiple shops and assemble it yourself. If you don't want to assemble it yourself at least invadeit offers an assembly service, maybe the others as well.

11 minutes ago, villageidiotY2K said:

I'm newbie to pc, but am interested in building it myself. Although I did go to Lan parties back in the day... 

If the motherboard is at high spec, basically you can connect any type of cpu, ram, fan, etc and won't overheat or do u need some technicals as won't harm the computer? 

Anybody can build a pc from you tube vids however it cost very little to have a shop put it together for you, hassle free

Xbox x 2nd Gen comes out next year. Would that work for you. My gaming consists of flight simulation only so it's only a PC for me 

Building a PC from components is fairly simple, if you can read/comprehend instruction sheets and diagrams. Not all components are compatible with each other, as an example the mb and cpu must be. Intel and AMD cpu's are not interchangeable. MB's are designed to the specs of each brand and model of cpu.  I built my first and last computer 8 years ago and still use it. I assembled it in my free time,over the course of 3 days, after I had spent over 3 weeks researching component specs, compatibility and prices before ordering. Now you just Google.

JIB and Advice sell pre-assembled gaming systems with Advice having more selectins. Advice's online prices are generally lower online than the retail stores. If you buy your components from JIB or Advice they will assemble, install the OS and test the system for a few hundred baht.

One component that is often an afterthought is the PSU.  I learned a long time ago to not skimp on the PSU. If the PSU doesn't deliver stable current and voltages you'll see a lot of system instability. I'm running a Seasonic on my current AMD build and it's fantastic.  The whole package - AMD 3600 processor, MSI X570 MB, and MSI RTX2060 vid card, is the most stable computer that I've built to date.  8 months and not a single crash.  This is with 10+ chrome tabs open while running multiple powerpoint, excel, word and GIMP windows with the occasional vid conference running.  Sometimes with games running on top of all this. I typically go for 1-2 weeks without a restart.

For MB's I've had good luck with MSI and Gigabyte; not so good with ASRock.  Check reviews on Amazon and Newegg keeping in mind that people tend to complain.  But be on the lookout for reviews reporting a lot of DoA's.  I try to avoid those models.  Vid cards can get tricky as some models can suffer from heat, fan noise and coil whine issues.  Again, pay attention to the reviews but don't get discouraged. 

Check websites like Toms Hardware and Anandtech for build package suggestions for different budgets.  Good luck!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

If the motherboard is at high spec, basically you can connect any type of cpu, ram, fan, etc and won't overheat or do u need some technicals as won't harm the computer? 

A motherboard doesn't have to be "high spec". If you don't plan to overclock and don't need dozens of ports there is no need to buy a fancy one. You should never buy the very cheapest stuff, but if you should go for an AMD CPU, then picking a mainboard with B550 chipset in the lower price range (3000-4000 baht or so) is a solid choice.

Regarding RAM: Pick a RAM which is able to run at at least 3000Mhz and buy a brand like Kingston or Corsair, it's no problem to buy the low price modules from them.

4 hours ago, pseudorabies said:

One component that is often an afterthought is the PSU.  I learned a long time ago to not skimp on the PSU.

This applies basically to all components: Don't buy the very cheapest stuff (But there is also no need to spend a ton of money on some fancy things which hardly anybody needs)

But since they introduced the ratings like "80+ white/bronze/silver/..." for PSUs it became easier. Find a PSU which has at least 80+ bronze (that's the level above "white") rating, and check some tests if it actually fullfills these qualifications, if it does you should be good to go.

Edited by jackdd

31 minutes ago, jackdd said:

A motherboard doesn't have to be "high spec". If you don't plan to overclock and don't need dozens of ports there is no need to buy a fancy one. You should never buy the very cheapest stuff, but if you should go for an AMD CPU, then picking a mainboard with B550 chipset in the lower price range (3000-4000 baht or so) is a solid choice.

Regarding RAM: Pick a RAM which is able to run at at least 3000Mhz and buy a brand like Kingston or Corsair, it's no problem to buy the low price modules from them.

This applies basically to all components: Don't buy the very cheapest stuff (But there is also no need to spend a ton of money on some fancy things which hardly anybody needs)

But since they introduced the ratings like "80+ white/bronze/silver/..." for PSUs it became easier. Find a PSU which has at least 80+ bronze (that's the level above "white") rating, and check some tests if it actually fullfills these qualifications, if it does you should be good to go.

I think it's fair to say if he is gaming then at some stage will want to OC. Why not it's free but will need to incorporate a.   K  CPU

More expensive boards have push button overclocking. 

He needs to decide exactly how serouse his gaming will be 

8 hours ago, madmen said:

I think it's fair to say if he is gaming then at some stage will want to OC. Why not it's free but will need to incorporate a.   K  CPU

It's not free. If you don't overclock the stock cooler is ok and a low range motherboard is ok. If you want to overclock you would want to spend more money on these parts (in case of intel you even need to spend more money on a CPU which allows you to overclock)

Instead of spending a few thousand baht extra on these parts to overclock the CPU, better spend it directly on a faster CPU, this gives you more performance.

Is more core the better for cpu?

Say i3 3.8ghz VS i7 3.8ghz VS i9 3.8ghz.

Whz the difference?? 

Can multi task, more quicker less burden on the cpu? 

But if 3.8ghz is maxxed, and sharing the processes with 8 cores, won't it be much slower overall if each processes are heavy such as gaming or efiting video n <deleted>

3 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Is more core the better for cpu?

Say i3 3.8ghz VS i7 3.8ghz VS i9 3.8ghz.

Whz the difference?? 

Explained for example here: https://www.trustedreviews.com/best/best-intel-processor-3517396

3 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

But if 3.8ghz is maxxed, and sharing the processes with 8 cores

The 3.8Ghz are not shared between the cores, but each core has 3.8Ghz.

So a 4 core CPU has 4 x 3.8Ghz while an 8 core CPU has 8 x 3.8 Ghz.

But games usually don't scale too well with more cores, so there is not much point in getting more than 6 cores for gaming, the money would usually better be spent on the graphics card.

13 hours ago, jackdd said:

I agree 100% but many people don't think of this when it comes to the PSU.  Especially when the prices can vary many-fold  The bronze/silver/gold ratings refer to energy efficiency - not necessarily stability across the rails.  There can be HUGE differences between manufacturers.  The manufacturers I'd recommend are seasonic, corsair's, and EVGA's.  In any case I tend to avoid models that use Chinese capacitors - get one that uses Japanese capacitors.

Anandtech has done it's usual holiday build guide.  Here they talk about PSU's - https://www.anandtech.com/show/12056/best-psus

Again, I couldn't agree more on the quality issue. You definitely don't want to complete the build only to get no post screen when you push the power button for the first time.  If that happens then you are left to wonder what component isn't working.  Luckily it's never happened to me in my ~10 builds over the past 20 years.

What I normally do is first pick a CPU platform - AMD or Intel.  For platform I look at performance, price, power consumption, heat production and availability.  Availability cuts two ways - you want something that you can get in a reasonable timeframe but it also tells you about what many other people want and maybe for good reason.  Anyway I use the CPU platform (and the chipset/form factor that supports it) to then select a specific motherboard.  I then look on that MoBo's webpage to look up recommended specific CPU model numbers and supported memory and order accordingly.  It's not really hard but will require a bit of reading and research.  If you're into that sort of thing then it'll be a fun experience.  And then you get to play games afterwards and blast the bejeezus out of your friends online (God I miss Quake 4 Arena...)

On 12/29/2020 at 12:04 PM, villageidiotY2K said:

am planning to get the highest spec as possible for future gaming's. 

I recommend get what you need now for the game which you want to play now.

And if necessary get something new (most likely the graphic card) maybe a year later or whenever necessary. And get again only what you need at that time.

Likely that is cheaper than buying the most expensive equipment now. The top of the range is often not necessary "now" and it cost a lot more than, let's say, 80% from the top.

And mostly it's easy to exchange parts like the graphic card. Install new card, maybe new driver, all done within 30 min.

Build guides here:

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/

Parts w/ compatibility:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Highly active forum w/ lots of noobs asking questions and experts answering, gamers galore:

https://reddit.com/r/buildapc/

Inspiration, eye candy, and memes; join the PC Master Race:

https://reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/

On 12/30/2020 at 6:18 PM, pseudorabies said:

One component that is often an afterthought is the PSU.  I learned a long time ago to not skimp on the PSU. If the PSU doesn't deliver stable current and voltages you'll see a lot of system instability. I'm running a Seasonic on my current AMD build and it's fantastic. 

Very true. Seasonic not commonly available, however. Jedicool has a few: https://jedicool.com/product-category/power-supply/

And could probably get others by request. BTW, not all Seasonics are created equal. In general, choose a decent one from the upper tiers without known issues:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

Thermaltakes, Cooler Masters, Corsairs, and Cougars are around.

Another overlooked component is the case. Quality case will last through many builds, switches are reliable, cable management much easier.

9j9e4giyan861.jpg.f19fc05f892539b94ec5de846987ec98.jpg

Edited by BigStar

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

Build guides here:

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/

Parts w/ compatibility:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Highly active forum w/ lots of noobs asking questions and experts answering, gamers galore:

https://reddit.com/r/buildapc/

Inspiration, eye candy, and memes; join the PC Master Race:

https://reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/

This 1000%

I built my first PC last year and the Reddit "buildapc" forum was incredibly helpful and supportive. 

You will find very informed and specific answers to any questions.  

Also the "pcpartpicker" ap will let you know if there are any conflicts with the components you choose.

• 2 weeks later...

Yoyoyo finally got it kustom made bruh. All up 55kb.

Thanks for advices, I think I've learned a lot.... 

Some concerns, Xiaomi monitor can handle 3440x1440, but max screen resolution I can set is at 1920. Can boost this shiz up? 

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE B550M DS3H

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600XT

GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 ZOTAC TWIN EDGE 8GB

COOLING: COOLER MASTER MASTERLIQUID ML240L V2

POWER SUPPLY: THERMALTAKE SMART BX1 750W

RAM: 16GB KINGSTON

CASE: CORSAIR SPEC 01

MONITOR: XIAOMI 34" MI 144HZ CURVED GAMING MONITOR 3440 X 1440

HEADPHONE: NUBWO X98 7.1

1610190463044 1610190177273 1610190718434 1610190563124

18 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Yoyoyo finally got it kustom made bruh. All up 55kb.

Thanks for advices, I think I've learned a lot.... 

Some concerns, Xiaomi monitor can handle 3440x1440, but max screen resolution I can set is at 1920. Can boost this shiz up? 

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE B550M DS3H

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600XT

GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 ZOTAC TWIN EDGE 8GB

COOLING: COOLER MASTER MASTERLIQUID ML240L V2

POWER SUPPLY: THERMALTAKE SMART BX1 750W

RAM: 16GB KINGSTON

CASE: CORSAIR SPEC 01

MONITOR: XIAOMI 34" MI 144HZ CURVED GAMING MONITOR 3440 X 1440

HEADPHONE: NUBWO X98 7.1

Good specs. No mention of SSD but assume you have one. I hope you have a large backup drive as well.

You should be able to set the monitor resolution via the Nvidia Control Panel.

23 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

At first make sure that you installed the Nvidia driver for your graphics card.

If it's still not working, and you are using a HDMI cable, use a display port cable instead.

On 12/30/2020 at 4:21 PM, villageidiotY2K said:

I'm newbie to pc, but am interested in building it myself. Although I did go to Lan parties back in the day... 

If you are looking for ideas and what and how to build i would suggest going on YouTube.  A couple of places that will give you some great guidance are jaytwocents or Gamers nexus.  Both explain what they do and why and can and will answer most of your questions as well as showing you how to build your pc,

for parts you can cost compare on JIB which has a build your PC page.

I've built my own PCs for the last 20 years but can't be bothered now. I'd rather buy one fully built, and just turn it in and it works. I'd want to know what all the components are and be happy with them. I'm currently looking at the following company:

iHAVECPU จำหน่ายอุปกรณ์คอมพิวเตอร์ มือ 1 และ มือ 2 สภาพดี รับประกันสินค้าทุกชิ้น พร้อมให้บริการหลังการขาย ตลอด 24 ช.ม.

They are on facebook also.

No idea how good they are but their reviews seem good. I'm looking at a Ryzen9 5900X build.

In my opinion, now is not the time to build a gaming rig. The nVidia and AMD just released their latest graphic cards that has been snapped up my the scammers trying to sell them for 2-3 times the original price. The previous gen graphic cards are still priced very high because of this. Add to this the uncertainty and Intel's problems with 7nm manufacturing for their 11gen chips. AMD latest Ryzen 5xxx processors being snapped up just like the latest graphic cards too. The only things cheap now, are the RAM.

I've been looking to build a new games rig for myself, but I will wait at least 6 months to see what happens on the market.

If you want a latest greatest gaming rig that will last you 5 years or so, at a decent price, I suggest you wait too.