Woman with fake plates nabbed after another motorist gets a speeding ticket

webfact

Woman with fake plates nabbed after another motorist gets a speeding ticket

9pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police in Rayong announced the arrest of a 34 year old woman called Ramida who was driving around with fake plates on a grey Camry.

Her vehicle - with the licence plate ฌค (chor khor) 2987 (Bangkok) was outside her house in Muang district.

The crime came to light after another motorist in Samut Prakan - also with a grey Camry with the plate ฌค (chor khor) 2987 (Bangkok) -  said they got a speeding ticket through the post for an offence allegedly committed in Rayong. 

The motorist said they were not even there on the day in question. 

A police investigation commenced and with help from the Highways Department it led to Ramida. 

She said the car belonged to "Mr Big" who couldn't be contacted and had left it with her for a couple of months. 

Checks on the engine number revealed the Camry was registered to Maneethip and should have had the number กธ (gor thor) 3091.

The provenance of the car including whether it is under finance or could be stolen is being investigated. 

Meanwhile Ramida was charged with using false plates - and slapped with the speeding ticket. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-29

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bodga said:

4.5  months  after buying a new  car Im still waiting for the plates  to  arrive, been driving with no  plates from new, not even red  ones

That means your dealer is sitting on the money. In order to get the real ones they have to pay the DLT fees, and many postpone that as long as they can.

• Like 2

Many years ago I rented a car from a well known company in Phuket, I had to go to Bangkok and then on to Saraburi, I was driving from BKK to Saraburi just past Don Mueng on the toll road I could see the policeman looking at me, then he pulled me over as we are stood at the back of the car he's pointing to the plates, sorry I dont speak Thai then he wrote it down "Fake Plates" nothing to do with me I rented the car, the name of the company was in the back window and I got the rental contract, Use my phone you call them after an argument on the phone nothing happened to me within 5 minutes I was on my way, I think the rental company got the grief the police man took photo's of the plates and the rental contract.

Next time you look at your plates in the bottom corner there is an imprint or a stamp if that is not there it's fake so im told

54 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Next time you look at your plates in the bottom corner there is an imprint or a stamp if that is not there it's fake so im told

If people can produce false plates then they can (and do) include the 'stamp' Many posers buy 'pretty plates from custom shops that do not include that 'stamp'

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

If people can produce false plates then they can (and do) include the 'stamp' Many posers buy 'pretty plates from custom shops that do not include that 'stamp'

I dont care what you say I was telling you my experience 

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

That means your dealer is sitting on the money. In order to get the real ones they have to pay the DLT fees, and many postpone that as long as they can.

Or he requested certain number for the plates and you have to wait for those numbers to come up.

22 hours ago, bodga said:

4.5  months  after buying a new  car Im still waiting for the plates  to  arrive, been driving with no  plates from new, not even red  ones

Three years for me in the Philippines, ha ha ha 

On the truck, bought it with the permanent plate and still not updated on the traffic authority computer four years later when I sold it. 

Unbelievable