Amazing Thailand: Motorcyclist gets her head stuck in a gasoline sign

webfact

Excess speed causes surprising damage... passengers become high speed projectiles with the ability to damage anything in their way.

The crash reminded me of the 2007 crash where a super-bike rider hit the back of a truck at 120mph in Tulsa, Oklahoma(USA)

He had all the safety gear, but it didn't save him... or the door of the truck!

truckhelmet5 Tulsa, Oklahoma 2007.jpg

Edited by SteveB2
Changed picture type to jpg
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, SteveB2 said:

Excess speed causes surprising damage... passengers become high speed projectiles with the ability to damage anything in their way.

The crash reminded me of the 2007 crash where a super-bike rider hit the back of a truck at 120mph in Tulsa, Oklahoma(USA)

He had all the safety gear, but it didn't save him... or the door of the truck!

truckhelmet5 Tulsa, Oklahoma 2007.jpg

A long time ago, I've seen a similar crash on a German Autobahn where the guy survived his head and helmet sticking in the truck's end.

Unfortunately, there's something all big bike riders should know about "Counter Steering." The guy in this video tried to turn right to avoid the fire truck, be he should have turned left.

Here's a great video with the crash where the guy survived and an explanation what Counter Steering means and what to do when it occurs.

What to do and how is explained in the video following the first one. Perhaps it should be in the bike forum. 

Edited by teacherclaire
Adding a few words