Nice authentic Thai restaurant - recommendations please

stament

Looking for new authentic thai restaurants (that caters more to locals than westerners) to visit with my wife.  Something nice and in a good setting (romantic) would be a bonus but she prefers somewhere that isn't hiso or fancy.  I also prefer to dress casually too.  

I did a search on here for threads but quite a lot of them are old and in covid times maybe some have closed down so I thought it best to start a new thread.....

Thanks in advance

23 hours ago, Timofe said:

We enjoyed Srinakhonping in Faa Haam.  It’s an old teakwood house right on the river.  Food was good northern food, not expensive.  

Hi, I'm not finding this on the net, could you update the information. thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

I have not been there for awhile, but Krua Phet Doi Ngam on Mahidol Road 053-204517 is the best Northern Thai food that we have had other than a place in Chiang Rai. It is not a new restaurant though and the decor is the regular wooden tables. I think we ordered stuff recommended on the eatingasia blog. 

21 minutes ago, just_Elaine said:

I have not been there for awhile, but Krua Phet Doi Ngam on Mahidol Road 053-204517 is the best Northern Thai food that we have had other than a place in Chiang Rai. It is not a new restaurant though and the decor is the regular wooden tables. I think we ordered stuff recommended on the eatingasia blog. 

It's close to our house and we've walked by it dozens of times. It never stood out but based on this recommendation I guess we'll have to check it out now. Google search shows you get a 10% discount with a Citi Credit Card.