Six top police officers may be in trouble over gambling den

webfact

6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Imagine if they grew a pair and actually sacked the crooks! I really have serious doubts about Thai men!

agree. they shoudl jail them, not put inactive posts...

so why not then?

i can only think bcos of fear of plea bargains, this is why police officers almost never jailed.

imagine they starting to talk...and no doubt they could sing a song.

58 minutes ago, tingtong said:

so why not then?

i can only think bcos of fear of plea bargains, this is why police officers almost never jailed.

It's a deep rooted cultural trait! Uniforms are innocent of any wrong doing! You may have noticed!

The virus and the (social) media seem to be the biggest threat for such illegal activities. Somehow surprising how well both can uncover such problems. Are there not special forces for this? 

Edited by Oldie

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Six top police officers may be in trouble over gambling den

Six senior police officers from Bangkok’s Thung Song Hong duty were on Tuesday transferred to inactive posts for alleged dereliction of duty and abuse of power.

Just have to love that they MAY be in trouble.  If it was happening under their noses and everyone knew about it then yes sack the crooked police officers.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just have to love that they MAY be in trouble.  If it was happening under their noses and everyone new about it then yes sack the crooked police officers.

MAY be in trouble.

JUNE be in trouble.

They are still looking for the officer called "MAY".

They all get a 500baht fine to pay and will promoted.

The country needs a few more generals. 

Major general, super general, general general, 7/11 general.

• Haha 2

"There are no gambling dens here"....

What does one expect, it was accepted there were no brothels found in Patts, they must have had a crew of a hundred scouring the place. If they couldn't find those, then I doubt they could find gambling dens, unless it were farangs playing Bridge.....

So what does it boil down too, the cost of blinkers perhaps.....:whistling:

58 minutes ago, Henryford said:

If they legalised it the Police would never get any brown envelopes.

Yes. But there are still enough other options (laws) they can use to make money. In the end you would have to remove all these laws - or better remove all corrupt people. But even if you have people that should remove corrupt people how can you make sure that they don't get bribes themselves? I think they only way to solve the problem are very harsch punishments. But often such people only get moved to a different position. A new start (perhaps to create a new corruption network). 

On 12/29/2020 at 10:59 PM, tingtong said:

so why not then?

Plea bargain with who? They'd throw themselves off a building if they even found themselves thinking about talking?

On 12/30/2020 at 9:18 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Just have to love that they MAY be in trouble.  If it was happening under their noses and everyone knew about it then yes sack the crooked police officers.

Yes, if it is found that they were involved, really undeniable proof, then their boss might get cross with them. 

Scary.