Thai couple print money - and change it into real cash after using top-up terminals

webfact

21 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:
1 hour ago, webfact said:

Natthapong and Sasinpha said they learned how to counterfeit money on Tik Tok,

graduates of Tik Tok University? You would think they would be harder to catch. 

They should have stuck with the dancing.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, lom said:

"Bun Term" terminals

Are those the red metal thingies outside most 7/11 and which looks like bubblegum vending machines?

It's a good question. I have no idea either. Googling the phrase only turned up pictures of bun mee noodles or sweet buns.

Does anyone have a photo of one?

They would travel all over the province

I'm not a criminal mastermind, but wouldn't it be better to overnight bus it to a province far far away with a bag of difference clothes etc and use small local buses to travel around to the machines. Then get a few different buses home avoiding big stations if possible. 

17 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

I'm not a criminal mastermind, but wouldn't it be better to overnight bus it to a province far far away with a bag of difference clothes etc and use small local buses to travel around to the machines. Then get a few different buses home avoiding big stations if possible. 

inspector Clouseau on the case.

• Haha 2

That's a new business idea.

All farangs coming back to Thailand, straight into quarantine, no chance to go to an ATM.

Get in touch with this "creative" entrepreneur. He brings you the money you need. Just hand over your $$:/£/EUR etc.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The company admitted to police that some of their machines had a problem with sensors and were able to accept fake notes. The top-ups were then transferred by the couple to their bank account and turned into real money. 

Natthapong and Sasinpha said they learned how to counterfeit money on Tik Tok, said provincial police deputy Pol Col Narongsak Phromtha.

I don’t know which of those two paragraphs makes me laugh more. 

Nice to have some end of year humour. 

Edited by Bluespunk

2 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Sounds like you have this all mapped out.

All you need is printer and a bag of fake beards and you're away. 

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

It's a good question. I have no idea either. Googling the phrase only turned up pictures of bun mee noodles or sweet buns.

Does anyone have a photo of one?

Took less than a minute in a google search. บุญเติม

download.jpeg

Normally will any new copy/printer refuse to copy any money bills, and if you are trying more than 3 times it will lock, and can only be restored by a technician, and it is amazing that the vendor machine is accepting the counterfeit notes. 

• Confused 2