End of dangerous Patong beach road woes ‘coming soon’

webfact

End of dangerous Patong beach road woes ‘coming soon’

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1609300691_1-org.jpg

Many parts of the Patong beach road have dangerous raised areas where workers have been working on the cables underground. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Patong Mayor Chalermluck Kebsup has announced that the long awaited completion of installing power and communication cables underground along the Patong Beach road will be ‘soon’, beginning an end to months of motorists having to negotiate dangerous bumps and raised areas on the road where workers have been installing the cables.

The news came at a press conference at Patong Municipality offices yesterday (Dec 29), where Mayor Chalermluck was joined by Kittimaet Kornphatsawat, Director of the Provincial Electricity Authority’s Special Project Management Construction and Management Division.

Mayor Chalermluck explained that the municipality has been unable to move ahead with resurfacing the road, officially named Thaweewong Rd, as workers have repeatedly needed to access the new cables installed underground to make final adjustments and conduct tests on the cables.

Source: https://www.thephuketnews.com/end-of-dangerous-patong-beach-road-woes-coming-soon-78487.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-12-30

Slightly off topic but what about that new roundabout art south end Patong. At least the northern roundabout has sculpture of a dolphin. Quite nice. The one to the south seems to have snooker balls stacked on top each other. Odd. Adds no artistic value in my opinion. Sorry no photo, well maybe on dash camera ..... 

10 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Slightly off topic but what about that new roundabout art south end Patong. At least the northern roundabout has sculpture of a dolphin. Quite nice. The one to the south seems to have snooker balls stacked on top each other. Odd. Adds no artistic value in my opinion. Sorry no photo, well maybe on dash camera ..... 

Snookers have balls too.

11 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

What has always puzzled me about the dolphin statues on the roundabout at the north end of Patong beach is that it is situated in the only position that you cannot access Patong beach by any of the roads emanating from it (unless you are one of the chinese drivers who just drive up Beach Rd the wrong way that I have seen.)

So you only see it as you go away from the beach?

• 4 weeks later...

goodness, is work on that road still going on.  I last went there with my wife and my daughter, when she was 12 years old, (my daughter  that is, not my wife)  and she has just graduated from University at age 22.  It had been going on for 2 or so years previous to that. Bit slow aren't they? 

• Haha 1

Lucky Karon and Kata residents, they got their beach road resurfaced and now their pavement too...! Maybe they have more money....????

From the look of things Patong beach road will be still full of putholes years from now, I saw them started digging another hole yesterday - they seem not do anything for a few weeks, then suddenly remember Oops we missed a bit, and come back, it will never end....! ????