All gatherings banned in areas in Thailand affected by COVID-19

webfact

All gatherings banned in areas in Thailand affected by COVID-19

s2.reutersmedia.jpg

REUTERS file photo for reference only

All gatherings or activities likely to draw crowds have been banned in Thailand in the provinces where COVID-19 cases have been reported. 

Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin, spokesman of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) announced the ban during his daily media briefing on Wednesday.

The ban, which is effective immediately, applies to provinces or areas officially categorized as "maximum control zones" and "control zones", which is all 48 provinces where cases have been reported, such as:

Amnat Charoen, Ang Thong, Ayutthaya, Bangkok, Chachoengsao, Chai Nat, Chaiyaphum, Chanthaburi, Chiang Mai, Chon Buri, Kamphaeng Phet, Khon Kaen, Krabi, Lampang, Loei,Lop Buri, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Pathom, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nakhon Sawan, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Narathiwat, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phetchabun, Phetchaburi, Phichit, Phuket, Prachin Buri, Ratchaburi, Rayong, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Satun, Songkhla, Sukhothai, Suphan Buri, Surat Thani, Surin, Tak, Trang, Trat, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani and Uttaradit.

The only gatherings permitted are household meetings and government activities.

While there  is no outright ban on travel, Dr Taweesilp urged people to spend New Year at home and avoid travelling. 

Provincial governors have been given the power to further determine their own rules with regards to quarantine for arrivals and other measures they can implement in order to help prevent the spread of the virus, Dr Taweesilp said.

If people do intend to travel, they should check to ensure the province they are visiting does not require quarantine, Dr Taweesilp added.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-30

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

The ban, which is effective immediately, applies to provinces or areas officially categorized as "maximum control zones" and "control zones", which is all 48 provinces where cases have been reported

Not wishing to be dim ..if your province has case of COVID there's no gatherings...ok but what about  restaurants bars etc?

Edited by poohy

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

What does this mean in terms of Tomorrow nights reserved festivities at rooftop venues for the New Years Eve celebrations.  Does this mean the reservations for the 5 hour Dinner, Drinks, hors d'oeuvre's, and fireworks observation from the rooftop restaurants here in BKK will be canceled as well.  Even if the tables are socially distanced and spaced apart and meeting the requirements has this latest development effectively scrubbed a night out in Bangkok.  Hmmm.  If so, then there will a lot of people needing refunds or vouchers for the pre-paid evening I would think.  Ouch.

Going by the opening paragraph they are now non events. Of course there may be exceptions ...........

Just now, poohy said:

Not wishing to be dim ..if your province has case of COVID there's no gatherings...ok but what about  what about restaurant bars etc?

Yes, the wording does seem a little vague.

I am very interested to learn more, because as some of you know I have problems with the "party house" next door. I can see right now they are preparing for a big party.

13 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

What does this mean in terms of Tomorrow nights reserved festivities at rooftop venues for the New Years Eve celebrations.  Does this mean the reservations for the 5 hour Dinner, Drinks, hors d'oeuvre's, and fireworks observation from the rooftop restaurants here in BKK will be canceled as well.  Even if the tables are socially distanced and spaced apart and meeting the requirements has this latest development effectively scrubbed a night out in Bangkok.  Hmmm.  If so, then there will a lot of people needing refunds or vouchers for the pre-paid evening I would think.  Ouch.

I would take it yes to all your questions.

Family nights only sounds like a good idea to me anyway.

1 minute ago, petedk said:

I am very interested to learn more, because as some of you know I have problems with the "party house" next door. I can see right now they are preparing for a big party.

Ouch!! household meetings will be godsend for such places luckily i live in a hose with no neighbor's  in the middle of nowhere but was going to meet up with few mates in town for beer  could be pointless journey  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, petedk said:

Just make a call, it's your health they're playing with.

22 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

From the Op "The only gatherings permitted are household meetings and government activities.".

31 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Could be classed as eating in a restaurant (which afaik is still allowed), but could also be classed as "gathering" due to the length of it. Depends on where the government draws the line.

Maybe they shorten it to one hour, just eat and go back home, then it would be classed as a restaurant visit and this would be allowed.

Edited by jackdd

33 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

yeah, i'm sure they'll get over it ????????

59 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Unless you have someone from the government attending, I guess you are out of luck.

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Unless you have someone from the government attending, I guess you are out of luck.

That's my opinion as well.  I wonder if they will be setting off the fireworks at midnight here in Bangkok or not now.

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

But that could be implemented at any time. 

Yes, so better to stay home.

55 minutes ago, poohy said:

Not wishing to be dim ..if your province has case of COVID there's no gatherings...ok but what about  restaurants bars etc?

Closed.

52 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Top up your booze quick!

Did it last weekend.

38 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

It seems to be a tier system - Ubon has only one case so perhaps things are still open here (according to the map, last updated yesterday) https://covid19.ddc.moph.go.th/en

No, Ubon Ratchathani is on the list of 48 provinces that need to comply.

28 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Household meetings :partytime2:

Or government meetings.

I am meeting with my mates around 5 p.m. to discuss the government.

Any government.

Having a beer also.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Haha 1