Bangkok still breathing?

chicowoodduck

14 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

Is there any sign of life in Bangkok or is it dead in the water like Pattaya? Was thinking an escape to the Big Mango would cure my cabin fever just a bit for the New Year? ????????????????????????????

Do you read the news?

One would suggest travelling to BKK may not be the smartest thing to do for new year......just saying!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, wmlc said:

You post this photo for what ? Bangkok restaurants, hotels and bars are open until midnight still. Perhaps it is you that should read the news. Only mass gatherings are not permitted so all new year celebrations have been cancelled. 

I posted a reference to the article for the O/P's benefit. It's up to him to decide whether he finds it useful or not.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, wmlc said:

Only mass gatherings are not permitted

I'm going to an un-mass gathering in the village later. Bales of straw, log fire and loud music. Nice quiet gathering to see the New Year in.

Happy New Year everybody.

• Thanks 1

Bangkok is pretty dead right now.  In fact, I've never seen it so dead.  Tons of workers left for homes in the country for the long weekend.  The rest of the populace is hunkered down at home in Covid fear/anticipation.  Skytrain was almost empty at noon on a Thursday.

Restaurants and malls are still open for now but who knows how long it will last?

13 hours ago, natway09 said:

Now the farangs have lost their marbles as well DO not travel interprovincialy,  we do not want you in Bangkok for NY possibly spreading the virus

And do not forget....we do NOT want you folks from Bangkok heading to Pattaya spreading your virus and your bad air.....just saying....????????????????????????