Prachuap - new measures over New Year announced by Governor

ukrules

Some new measures were announced by the Goverrnor today for the whole Prachuap Khiri Khan province

Summarised :

Bars, pubs, karaoke - all closed from Dec 31 to Jan 6th

Penalty for non compliance : 1 year in prison and/or 100k Baht fine.

Source - Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn (Thai reporter) on facebook.

I suspect they did this as all provinces affected by COVID announced similar measures - this should negate a mass exodus from infected areas to the non infected areas at least around these parts over the New Year period.

Edited by ukrules

18 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

time to start jailing those who flaunt the rules, saw many at the mall yesterday. If you don't make it painful foreigners will carry on like they do in their own cesspools..

Walking at the mall is a jailable offence now ? Watch this video please : Click

Making yourself scared is one thing, wanting to jail anyone who doesn't agree with your view of the world.....  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

any idea why? officially only 2 cases here (zero if look at ccsa website)

I'm guessing to stop the tourists from Bangkok and the neighboring petchaburi to come here and party.

Anyway too late as this new years period had thousands from Bangkok here

10 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

I'm guessing to stop the tourists from Bangkok and the neighboring petchaburi to come here and party.

Anyway too late as this new years period had thousands from Bangkok here

Indeed.  NYE was fun!  Plenty on the beach and partying in the beachfront hotels.

Perhaps the sane thing to do is lockdown Thailand until the daily road fatalities are the same as the Covid deaths, and the daily road accidents causing injuries are the same or lower the Covid cases?  Yeah?

And yet ask any Thai (and most expats):
Which are you more afraid of?  Contracting Covid or getting killed or severely injured in a vehicle accident on Thai roads?
Counter-intuitively most are afraid of contracting Covid.  Even given that 20K to 25k (depending on the stats) are killed annually on Thai roads (depending if it's "on the scene" vs "on route to the hospital" vs after being admitted") and somewhere between 1M to 2M are injured (which has a lot to do with reporting. A lot of road accident injuries are never reported. I've been injured myself by a hit and run.  Bunged me up but no so bad as I couldn't patch myself up and I never got the hit-and-run driver's license so nothing to report to the cops).  Happens all the time in my humble opinion.

Now if THIS question was posed to me in the following form it would be easy. 
Which would you choose?

1. Getting in a vehicular accident on Thai roads leading to either death or severe injury, but then being immune from ever getting SARS-Cov-2 Covid-19;

or
2. Getting SARS-Cov-2 Covid-19, but after that never being involved in a vehicular accident on Thai roads leading to either death or severe injury?

Of course there is one last "Normal" solution:
Don't worry about either anymore than anyone currently worries about contracting a "Flu" or getting killed or injured on Thai roads?  If it happens it happens.

I"m in the latter group - but then heck - there ya have it.  I don't have a lot of control over either, but neither do I allow either of those possibilities to destroy my life. 

I'm not afraid.  I don't live in fear.  For those who do -  I'm sorry for you on an existential level.  How sad to live in that mind-numbing fear.
But? Most every human on this planet now does.....live in that mind-numbing fear that is.
That is just a pathetic testament to humankind in this media manipulated 21st Century.  But there you have it.

Edited by connda

56 minutes ago, Scott424 said:

Prachuap Khiri Khan now has 17 cases, which makes a Red province

https://covid19.ddc.moph.go.th/en

if you click on map it does not list 17  the nationality/ breakdown   and whereabouts' of these cases at all surely if correct these should be informed to the public as before  what does below actually mean

Prachuap Khiri Khan
The rate on disease occurrence within 14 days = 0 (out of 17 )
The average disease that accurrence within 14 days is 0.00% and 0.28% occured in Thailand.
The average ages is 51 years, the patients could be 0 Thais and 17 are foreigners.
All Covid-19 patients could be 10 males, 7 females and 0 not specified.

58 minutes ago, poohy said:

if you click on map it does not list 17  the nationality/ breakdown   and whereabouts' of these cases at all surely if correct these should be informed to the public as before  what does below actually mean

Prachuap Khiri Khan
The rate on disease occurrence within 14 days = 0 (out of 17 )
The average disease that accurrence within 14 days is 0.00% and 0.28% occured in Thailand.
The average ages is 51 years, the patients could be 0 Thais and 17 are foreigners.
All Covid-19 patients could be 10 males, 7 females and 0 not specified.

The chart lists 17 for PKK, I guess that must be the total since the outbreak and not just in the last two weeks.  17 seems low for this area since the outbreak.