Questions about online teaching...

Hi all. I'm a native English speaker, recently retired from my day job and looking at taking up an additional source of income and an interest to fill the waking hours. I'm considering teaching, preferably online. Which qualifications are required and can any teachers here recommend a place to get them?

Any constructive comments on online teaching welcome

Thanks for your time 

• Like 1

You're already in Thailand? If not, it's going to be quite difficult entering given the Covid situation. Look up the latest news on the procedure, involving obtaining the proper insurance, testing, and two week hotel quarantine.

Are you in Thailand on a retirement visa? It'll have to be changed to a Non-B. You'll have to find a school willing to assist with this. For this you'll need some qualifications. A Bachelor's degree, preferably related to education, and some related experience, such as something involving some kind of instruction, either in languages, a specific subject like science or mathematics, or working with children. If you've got nothing close to this, a good place to start would be TEFL certification.

Online teaching? Highest demand for this is in China. Off the top of my head is a site called VIP Kids. They're after teaching for young learners. They want really vibrant, outgoing folks to keep them entertained. Also check Cambly, private one on one tutoring. Also check Ajarn.com for similar sites.

I should mention that while online teaching hasn't really been a thing in Thailand, it has recently become so due to Covid. Mine and many other schools have been switching to online teaching, as the lockdowns come and go. However, this requires that you be located somewhat near the school, as they'll want you to come in to process your paperwork, and for meetings, and for when you'll eventually switch to classroom teaching.

Yeah VIPKids or DaDa are alright. I can make almost the same amount at home as I could in a school that pays 38K.

Tips:

Colorful or neat background

Lighting

Clear spoken American accent!

*Smile*

Edited by Solinvictus