Question regarding 40K THB per month for marriage visa

I've been on Amnesty and Covid extensions for the last several months, all along making International transfers into my bank account in Thailand for 40K or more - some months 60K, etc. since May 2020 This month, due to numerous reasons I've only transferred 25K into my account in Thailand. My question is: Could I withdraw 15K or more Baht from an ATM from my U.S. account or Paypal account tonight or tomorrow to make up the amount for December? Is there a way to show my statement that shows the withdrawal as being International? Would that fly? I already tried Transferwise but it seems Thai banks are closed on the 31st.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Immigration would not accept the a local deposit to your account even though you could show it came from abroad.

If you get it deposited from a transfer on the 4th when the banks will be open they may accept it you explain it was due to the banks being closed. Be sure you transfer an additional 40k baht in January.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm in the same situation as last month. I'm short a few thousand Baht towards the monthly 40K. But now some funds have arrived in my USA account on Friday the 29th. I tried to immediately do a transfer by Transferwise but it shows the transfer would not arrive in Thailand until Monday the 1st of February; a day late.

Could a Western Union transfer from USA to Thailand on the weekend work as an acceptable International transfer if I get someone to do it?

Thanks in advance.

They may accept the transfer that will arrive on the 1st if you show proof you initiated the transfer on the the 29th.

I am not sure they would accept a transfer done by Western union unless it went directly into your bank account which of course would be credit until the 1st at the earliest.

Archived