• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A RT-PCR takes at least 4 hours once it gets to the lab. Unlike the 15 minute test, a RT_PCR test requires a reverse transcription, (RT) process. Did mine in the states took 7 hours to get the lab rep

Landed this morning no problems

I spoke to the lady in the terminal 5 testing station and she assured me It was an RT-PCR test which is valid for entry to Thailand. They would send an email and hold a hard copy for you to colle

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They would be if you got a certificate for the test that showed it was a RT-PCR test.

That's the problem the timescale I have been told for results from Heathrow tests is too short for them to be full RT-PCR standard.

I will admit that the info I have is all heresay, so may not be correct, if somebody has better information please advise so I can pass it on.

I spoke to the lady in the terminal 5 testing station and she assured me It was an RT-PCR test which is valid for entry to Thailand.

They would send an email and hold a hard copy for you to collect although they destroy the hard copy after one day.

She did mention they do three tests and you have to choose the one you want. So that may be where the confusion regarding the hearsay comes from?

Edited by ThaIrish Sean
  • Like 1

When I looked into it and the test in Dubai I am sure they aren’t a full PCR test unless they added it later as the one I seen was only £60 with less than a hour results time. Cheapest PCR I seen was £120 in boots chemist I think but they can’t guarantee turn around time and you would still need fit to fly certificate.

You can get PCR, LAMP, Antigen or Antibody tests at LHR.  The website tells everything needed.  Different timescales and prices depending on what you need.  PCR (required for Thailand) being the most expensive and lengthy (up to 48 hours).

Posted (edited)

That's not what I meant. My question was concerned the covid test performed at Heathrow airport and I was wondering if is possible in addition to the covid test certificate to  have the fit to  flight certificate in separate sheet , like as required by Thai embassy.  I've visited the Heathrow web site and the fit to flight certificate is not mentioned in the options they offered

I've already got my COE and the all required documentation I'll leave on mid-February 

I just need to get the covid test and fit to flight certificate issued 72  hours before departure but up to now I still don't know where can I get them. If someone could show me where to address to I would be very grateful

Edited by Russel
14 hours ago, Big Nose said:

Same boat as you, seems pointless getting tested at Heathrow if can't provide certificates needed

When will you flight to LOS?

7 hours ago, Russel said:

When will you flight to LOS?

Been cancelled twice with Swiss Airways got a flight for Wednesday with Luthansa using medicspoc for the certificates needed 150 quid