COVID test

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They would be if you got a certificate for the test that showed it was a RT-PCR test.

That's the problem the timescale I have been told for results from Heathrow tests is too short for them to be full RT-PCR standard.

I will admit that the info I have is all heresay, so may not be correct, if somebody has better information please advise so I can pass it on.

I spoke to the lady in the terminal 5 testing station and she assured me It was an RT-PCR test which is valid for entry to Thailand.

They would send an email and hold a hard copy for you to collect although they destroy the hard copy after one day.

She did mention they do three tests and you have to choose the one you want. So that may be where the confusion regarding the hearsay comes from?

When I looked into it and the test in Dubai I am sure they aren’t a full PCR test unless they added it later as the one I seen was only £60 with less than a hour results time. Cheapest PCR I seen was £120 in boots chemist I think but they can’t guarantee turn around time and you would still need fit to fly certificate.

That's not what I meant. My question was concerned the covid test performed at Heathrow airport and I was wondering if is possible in addition to the covid test certificate to  have the fit to  flight certificate in separate sheet , like as required by Thai embassy.  I've visited the Heathrow web site and the fit to flight certificate is not mentioned in the options they offered

I've already got my COE and the all required documentation I'll leave on mid-February 

I just need to get the covid test and fit to flight certificate issued 72  hours before departure but up to now I still don't know where can I get them. If someone could show me where to address to I would be very grateful

4 minutes ago, Big Nose said:

Been cancelled twice with Swiss Airways got a flight for Wednesday with Luthansa using medicspoc for the certificates needed 150 quid

medicspot, cheapest I could find that provide both certificates needed

23 hours ago, Russel said:

That's not what I meant. My question was concerned the covid test performed at Heathrow airport and I was wondering if is possible in addition to the covid test certificate to  have the fit to  flight certificate in separate sheet , like as required by Thai embassy.  I've visited the Heathrow web site and the fit to flight certificate is not mentioned in the options they offered

I've already got my COE and the all required documentation I'll leave on mid-February 

I just need to get the covid test and fit to flight certificate issued 72  hours before departure but up to now I still don't know where can I get them. If someone could show me where to address to I would be very grateful

I asked the lady in terminal 5 that same question Russell, at the time they did not do a fit to fly certificate it was purely the covid test.

2 hours ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

I asked the lady in terminal 5 that same question Russell, at the time they did not do a fit to fly certificate it was purely the covid test.

It should not be that hard to get a doctor to compete and sign a fit to fly certificate.

Show them one these examples of one. Sample-F2F.jpg (536×679) or F2F-Form-1-1.pdf

18 hours ago, Big Nose said:

Been cancelled twice with Swiss Airways got a flight for Wednesday with Luthansa using medicspoc for the certificates needed 150 quid

Did you get it in two separate file, like as required by Thailand? And then did you get your result in one or two days? Thank you

3 hours ago, Russel said:

Did you get it in two separate file, like as required by Thailand? And then did you get your result in one or two days? Thank you

The ad says result plus fit to fly certificate so presumably/hoping 2 separate files, doing the test this Monday and get results 11pm Tuesday 

16 hours ago, Big Nose said:

The ad says result plus fit to fly certificate so presumably/hoping 2 separate files, doing the test this Monday and get results 11pm Tuesday 

Next day result Ok let us know how's gone. I asked the question about the two separate files through the medicspot chat, but they couldn't give me an answer

On 1/10/2021 at 12:47 PM, Russel said:

Next day result Ok let us know how's gone. I asked the question about the two separate files through the medicspot chat, but they couldn't give me an answer

Took the test yesterday got the result this morning comes back as 1 certificate showing test result and the fit to fly so just gonna print it off twice

3 hours ago, Big Nose said:

Took the test yesterday got the result this morning comes back as 1 certificate showing test result and the fit to fly so just gonna print it off twice

That's great news, but even if you print it twice, it still remains a single certificate, hopefully that this is enough. Please let us know how's gone at check in 

57 minutes ago, Russel said:

That's great news, but even if you print it twice, it still remains a single certificate, hopefully that this is enough. Please let us know how's gone at check in 

I spoke to medicspot just now they say it is sufficient to be on 1 certificate

1 hour ago, Big Nose said:

I spoke to medicspot just now they say it is sufficient to be on 1 certificate

Medicspot aren't going to be checking you in for your flight so I hope they're correct.  From what I've read elsewhere though, I wouldn't be betting my savings on it.

Archived